Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris T180, 57Plate, 45K, Fault Code P2002

DazT180

Engine management light came on today, along with VSC warning light, went into limp mode, VSC turned itself off after turning car off and on again, but engine management light still on, any1 help please, its not long been out of the garage after a problem with the starter!

This doesnt look promising, has any1 else had this problem on an auris or avensis 2.2 dcat??

Plenty of owners have reported this issue search on the forum, go to your main dealer they will know about it, as its a common known fault for most D4D engines they replace the engines less labour involved in comparison to a rebuild.

If dealer does not co-operate write to Toyota customer relations:

customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk

This fault code means "particulate trap efficiency below threshold" , for more details see this link.

Interesting read - thanks for the info :thumbsup:

My 2008 SR180 did this the other day.Reset ecu etc but was still flat as a !Removed!.Took the egr vavle off and it was stuck wide open. Cleaned and put back in.all o.k.If this is a recurring problem is it a sign of the egr valve about to pack up.Cars just out of warrany now but my toyota dealer is quite good seeing its got a full dealer service history.

Dealer contacted to informed me that it requires a new dpf system at a price of £1650, there is no way i am paying for this on a car that has done way less than average milleage, and is only 5 year old!

Go for a long motorway drive at least 50-60 miles leaving it in 4th or 5th keeping rpm in the area of 2500-3000 for a few miles to see if it helps clear the problem. DPF may need regen so you need to rev it abit to clear the crap.

Unfortunate problem with diesels is why I will be going back to a petrol for my next car Civic Type R GT or alike, because when modern diesels go wrong out of warranty it can be very expensive.

Beautiful cars

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=safari&tab=wi&q=civic%20type%20r%20gt&sa=N&biw=320&bih=356#i=17

The garage have told me it is failing to regenerate!

Maybe worth writing to Toyota may offer you something out of goodwill? If not there will be a company who refurbish DPF.

Hey there, this is so funny my parents car has just came back from the dealer with the same problem!

even worse for them though, as the quote is £1800 to fix.

This may be a production fault with the car as their car is also a T180, 57 reg, around 49,500 miles on the clock

Just a quick update.!Removed! egr valve stuck open again. This time it reset itself but left me with the fault code to get rid of.Went straight down the dealers explained this was the third time this has happened in the last six weeks and they came back and said there is a extended warranty on this item and will replace under warranty. Phew thats saved me a few quid. Just got to book it in to get the work done now.Musy say big up to Listers of Cheltenham they have come up trumps again.

Hey there, this is so funny my parents car has just came back from the dealer with the same problem!

even worse for them though, as the quote is £1800 to fix.

This may be a production fault with the car as their car is also a T180, 57 reg, around 49,500 miles on the clock

Contact toyota customer relations via email, i will find out tomorrow if i am going to get any help with repair cost.

Unfortunaltely im not going to receive any goodwill gesture from toyota, can the dpf be removed from this engine model? Or am i going to have to bite the bullet and pay the £1421 bill from toyota?

Unfortunaltely im not going to receive any goodwill gesture from toyota, can the dpf be removed from this engine model? Or am i going to have to bite the bullet and pay the £1421 bill from toyota?

DPF's are said to be a wearable item like any other part in the engine, unfortunate for us. A DPF removal company called Sinspeed say they can remove T180 DPF's on their website but when I phoned them they say they can't so now i'm confused. i wanted to be rid of mine to help with MPG.

Try phoning them yourself and see what sense you can get out of them. http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/tag/toyota-t180-dpf-removal

well garage bill to be paid on monday £1472, hopefully this wont happen again, can't afford anythin else to go wrong, any other know faults on this car to be aware of to maybe catch early?

Did Toyota say why they won't contribute to any costs? What is your mileage and service history?

Full service history, part main dealer, the reason i wasnt given any goodwill was is beacause it is 5 years old, but only has 45000 miles on which i said was unnacceptable because that is nowhere near 5 years milleage. I will be goin to the press about it.

I would concentrate your efforts on writing a good, detailed letter to Toyota and pleading your case, firmly but politely. Will the press pay your bill? No of course not, you will be wasting your time, the motoring press is full of DPF failures, it is the curse a modern diesel engines, not just Toyota

There has to be a point where the warranty expires, regardless of time/mileage, goodwill is a two way thing, an FSH will be taken into consideration over a partial history. I still say you are better off pleading your case, in writing to Toyota.

Kingo :thumbsup:

That big bill sucks Darren, hope nothing else goes wrong. Got me worried now as my T180 has about the same mileage and is the same year.

Very sorry to read this but will say this was one of the reasons we got rid of our T180, all we knew was MPG was going down hill with no explaination so I come to the conclusion the DPF must be burning more fuel as we was not driving any different to when we bought the car but the MPG had dropped 30%. From what I have been reading this now seems to becoming a common problem so I was maybe right.

Hope you get this sorted ok and I would write to Toyota has you have nothing to loose but time and a first class stamp.

• 4 weeks later...

I had same issue, Toyota replaced egr valve and put a modified pipe from 2010 Lexus is220d to avoid problem re-occurring.

That's on an avensis t180 with 58k, it's now on 153k and have had no further problems. Car is unbreakable

The problem started with your egr vavle was blocked and if the egr vavle isn't working the car can't regen causing the dpf to block up . I have fixxed all makes with dpf failures and I've never changed a dpf yet . I remove the dpf and soak over nite in protec dpf flush power hose out and problem fixxed I would also tell people to use forte dpf treatment every service to help regen process . But the modern day diesel isn't suited for town driving or school runs they must get a good drive or u will have dpf trouble