Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris T180, 57Plate, 45K, Fault Code P2002

DazT180

After coming out of the garage, the car was still underperforming, toyota then took the car back in and i was told i needed a new egr valve, i had already cleaned the egr valve out 5 months prior, after telling them i was going to clean the egr valve myself, i got the car back, and without anywork being done the car was running fine, i assume that they had maybe installed the new dpf incorrectly, or had missed somethin out, car is now running as normal

• 2 months later...

Did you write a letter to Toyota in the end to see if they would contribute to the repair?

hi darren my auirs t180 57 is going through the same problem. had it at the garage on sat tried to rengenerate dpf with no luck been trying to clear it with no luck got fedup put it to 3rd gear going up a steep hill with high revs blew muck out put dpf cleaner in last 3 fill ups garage would like to remove and clear it told waste of time paying for new one it will only do the same

hi guys,

I faced the same problem. This error means your DPF is congested and regeneration cannot be started for some reason.

Particulate trap efficiency below threshold (Bank 1) means that differential pressure between two meters on different sides of DPF is falling out of allowed values (10kPA and more if i remember correctly)

To solve this issue by yourself if you're on a trip - remove your Battery plug for 5-10 secs. When you start your engine you should not see "check engine" light. Start driving your car with making accelerating "pulses", that means, press accelerator for no more than 7-8 secs then depress it, because "check engine" light and limp mode is activated if pressure in DPF falls out of allowed values for more than 10 secs in a row.

When you arrive at your destination, you can either make preventive "DPF regenerating" procedure with dealer or with your friend who has e.g. Launch diagnostic unit and can launch this procedure (cannot remember exact procedure name in this software)

Hope it helps.

I had the same issue, but I have Toyota's extended warranty... they told me that my dpf was blocked and what the fault finding diagnostics was a lengthy process for this fault code.. I am guessing here, but because my car has warranty then maybe they had to diagnose and fault find vs non warranty customer who they tell needs a new dpf? again I am only guessing here.

in the end my differential pressure sensor was blocked causing the ecu to think my dpf was clear when in fact it was clogged up. sensor replaced, egr and intake manifold de coked and my issue was solved. unsure on warranty cost but they had my car for a week, and did 90 miles of testing (re fueled for me too).