Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 New Discs Required - Toyota Or An Other

l4oth

Hello All,

I am sure this has been done somewhere on here but I am not the best at using forum search, etc.

I have an SR180 and need some new front discs - the Toyota ones have lasted less than 32K so I am reluctant to buy another set - but if they are the best so be it.

Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations for any alternatives to the Toyota parts?

Thanks in advance of any help or suggestions you can offer.

Have a look at MTEC.

They'll be cheaper, look better & in my experience (the 2.2 D4D Auris & Avensis share the same discs) stop better.

Can't yet comment on durability as no need to change again but I doubt that they are worse.

Thanks for the reply.

Looking at the MTEC website there are:

Drilled and grooved

Dimpled and grooved

Drilled

Grooved

Which did you purchase and what make pads did you go for - Mintex or another make?

I went with the grooved only .

The other that I considered was dimpled & grooved.

I'm running Ferodo Premier pads but others are using Mintex (which iirc is what MTEC resell).

if you search the Avensi forum Mistermena should have some photos of his Avensis T180 fitted with MTECs on there.

If you want to go the genuine route, I can do a good deal on those for you

PM me for details

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Fitted Dimpled and grooved to my T180. Stopping power excellent with mintex pads.

The only minor downside I found was occasional brake squeal when braking gently. (Everything greased up as it should be).

I'll also be replacing mine with Mtec discs & Mintex pads, particularly as they proved themselves on my previous car. Combined with a set of braided steel hoses, you'll really notice the difference in stopping power & feel.

MTEC drilled and groved black addition went on my Avensis (As Scott has said) with Mintex pads. Not had any problems with them at all so far. I've got the same set on a VW Polo TDi and the same goes for there to...

Do these seem like a good buy,getting sick of the amount of brake dust off the rears,

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Not used them so can't say! Take a look at Black Diamond (If funds allow) and Ferodo pads! Thats what I'd use next time.

I fitted MTEC discs with Mintex pads, they have been on for around 20,000 miles now, looks like the disc life will be about the same as the originals at somewhere around 30,000 miles, and haven't given any problems.

I fitted MTEC discs with Mintex pads, they have been on for around 20,000 miles now, looks like the disc life will be about the same as the originals at somewhere around 30,000 miles, and haven't given any problems.

Rumbly,was there any significant reduction in brake dust.cheers.

Hi L22KMD, there is still brake dust but I'd say yes, there is significantly less dust than with the original Toyota ones.

Hi L22KMD, there is still brake dust but I'd say yes, there is significantly less dust than with the original Toyota ones.

Cheers mate much appreciated.

Hi

Fitted Blueprint Pads and Discs some 3 months back,on my 2004 Avensis.

Initial 3- 400 Miles ...annoying sqealing was prevalent.However this has now subsided and seems fine.However I feel there are better brands and given choice ,would not go for again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links