Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lift Bolts (Again)

gt4jas

OK guys the st185 has gone and i'm now in the process of buying an 04 plate Tsport.Have been hearing a lot about lift bolts on the earlier pre-facelift model,has this problem been resolved in the newer model and should i be concerned? btw car has done just over 54k miles. thanks :driving:

The facelift 190's did have different bolts, so you'll be alright. However if you want to change them anyway it's not an issue & the bolts themselves are less than £1 each I believe.

As a general rule of thumb how often should the lift bolts be replaced on the newer model?

Also i've heard that the torque settings are way too tight,any recomendations on that one? Ta

Not sure on the torque settings, as mine were done during my stage 2 cams being fitted.

As far as I am aware, once you have the new type lift bolts you should need to change them again unless you can't get Lift to engage & stay engaged.

Good news then,think i'll change them anyway for peace of mind. Thanks dude :fireman: