Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Advice Please?

thediplomat

We are considering buying an iQ2 and today went to drive a demo car. Please advise on this if you can - we want only a pearlescent white colour and are concerned that what is on offer as Pearl White is not the same. Were older iQ's the real pearlescent and now the colour has been changed? thanks in anticipation.

I have a 2009 model and mine is Pearl White. I think all the range is in 'Pearl White' to be honest.

What didn't you like about the tinge of white out of interest? Its a stunning colour in the sun as it sparkles - probably not a cheap finish :)

Aaron

As far as I know the only solid colour is red.

Pearl had always been the flavour of white ....

Fabulous colour .... Very NOW ..

IQ default colour !!!

Gets dirty quickly but. easy to keep looking magnificent with waterless washing blah blah blah etc etc etc

What I mean is in the showroom was a white Prius which was sparking and shimmering and that is the white we want but our iQ2 demo was plain white and not the same. The salesman checked the paintwork on the demo but only confirmed that it was Pearl White by looking at the paint code number, simply looking at the car you could only conclude it was plaint white. It certainly was not the same paint job even and that's why we ask if the pant job has changed - our friends have 2009 model iQ and it shimmers too just as we want. Please advise.

I had a "58" IQ for three years which was the "Pearl White" version (only Black or Purple were the other options then) and it certainly had an iridescent quality.

Last year we wanted a change from the white and went for the red which helped towards the cost of the nav unit as the red is non-metallic and cheaper, but I still have the 2011 brochure and the white then was still called "pearl white".

I would imagine the 2012 cars still are "pearl white" and not "plain white" but I can't explain why the Prius looked different.

Could the paint on the Prius perhaps be called "super-duper pearly white" or something (in other words it is not the same paint as IQ paint) and that is why it looked a bit more "Pearly" than the IQ?

Or maybe the demo car was in need of a polish...?

John

I see. The only thing that might be different is that its either had another paint job or never been polished in its life but as you said - you would notice. I would just travel to a few different garages and see for yourself. Try not buy from Toyota though as we viewed an IQ at Toyota, then nipped to Arnold Clark and for the same year and almost identical mileage there was £2500 difference between the two! I was gobsmacked. Safe to say Arnold Clark got a sale from us the following week :)

All IQs in white 'should' be Pearl. I would be confused if I were in your situation and just go and find another.

To add to my previous post, I looked up my local dealers web-site and the Prius white is called "White Pearl" and the IQ white is called "Pearl White".

Work that one out, are they meant to be the same or not.....?

I think you need to find out as a non-pearly white IQ is just not as desireable as the real thing.

John

The Prius is available in both solid white and Pearl White ..... but not so the IQ ,which is and always has been only available in Pearl White.

Why the IQ you looked at didn't seem to have the Pearl "shimmer" is a bit of a mystery. The only thing I can think of is that the IQ was a bit dirty ( it really doesn't take much grime to make the paint look flat) and that the meticulously polished Prius was under showroom lighting.

Thanks very much for all your comments as it is an important issue to us, we love the iridescent paint job, we'll have to check out the car again but I would stake money on it not being as it should be. Thanks again

See if you can find the paint code on the Prius and see if it is the same as the iQ. There is a sticker on the inside door frame of the passenger side on the iQ and there should be something similar on the Prius.

I have learnt that the names of the colours may vary on different models but the paint codes remain the same. My Silver is called "Tyrol Silver" but when I bought the rear spoiler from the US the colour was called "Classic Silver" Both had the same 1F7 paint code though and the match was perfect. :)

C/TR is the important bit. Colour and trim presumably...

Craig.

post-116364-0-71588900-1342730772_thumb.

Sorry but to be Pedantic.

I have Toyota iQ Brouchures for 2009, 10 & 11. But not 2012.

The Colour on offer is not 'Pearl White' but 'White Pearl', & that is the iQ' in

Pearlescent White.

The New Prius Plus has 2 model versions,

one is Offered in 'Solid Pure White' and also in 'White Pearl' (Pearlescent White)

The other Prius Plus just comes as available in 'Solid Pure White'.

Check the Paint Codes for the Toyota IQ's 2009 till now, but i am not aware of the 'White Pearl' having changed.

george

C/TR 070 VG 15

On my (definitely) pearly shimmering white IQ

the code on the iQ2 is 070-so it must be as you say. Thx again

Looking at the 2, 2012 registered iQ3's advertised on Autotrader today,

the 'White' certainly looks very Flat/white not very Pearlesant in the pictures & uninteresting to my eye and the Wheels are not 'High Gloss' (even if they are still 16's)

Rather poor looking as pictured, IMO.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

george

post-104736-0-05226200-1342861403_thumb.

post-104736-0-44569000-1342861414_thumb.

All the white IQs in this gallery I published the link to previously ....

http://1ms.net/toyota-iq-hd/

..... look flat whitebut they must be pearl.

The pearl effect is very subtle and is really only apparent in direct bright sunlight.

Here is a couple of photo's of some touch up paint got from Toyota using my registration number, It shows the name to be White Pearl and the paint code as 070 mine is a 59 plate iQ 2

david

post-109788-0-32125200-1342890204_thumb.

post-109788-0-58934100-1342890245_thumb.

easy to keep looking magnificent with waterless washing blah blah blah etc etc etc

I'm new here and have seen several mentions of waterless washing already today. Why are people not wanting to use water?

Welcome to the forum.

4 possibles out of many more reasons there might be.

The Summer started in many places with Hose Pipe Bans.

Lots of people park their vehicles or have to look after their vehicles away from their property & have no water and can not carry a bucket. (or a water container to fill a bucket)

There is a Fad going at present. (a bit like Claying of cars)

People like to spend money, or more money than is really required and thats their choice.

george

easy to keep looking magnificent with waterless washing blah blah blah etc etc etc

I'm new here and have seen several mentions of waterless washing already today. Why are people not wanting to use water?

No mystery really. Waterless is quick, easy and gives magnificent results. To quote myself in a previous post on the subject - after 2 or 3 years of using this method the idea of washing my car with a.bucket, water ,hose ,shampoo etc etc is frankly laughable

Thanks both. Never thought of the car not being parked near any water. That is a good point for many people who live in apartments.