Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rookie Hilux Owner - With A Problem Unfortunately

Northcott

Hi People, recently bought a 58 plate Hilux D-4D 200 Invincible (auto), low mileage (22,000) and it has very quickly developed a problem at low manoeuvring speed. Also noticeable at 20 mph and particularly when doing slow 'parking' turns whether in forward or reverse, I can feel a rumbling or juddering which appear to be coming from the front. This does not occur if in neutral and free wheeling. It is as though something has not engaged or disengaged properly. Any ideas or anyone had a similar problem resolved?

Fortunately, it is under warranty, but I want to be able to talk with a little knowledge about what it could possibly be when at the garage next week!

I am starting to search through the forum for any similar discussions and if there are, I apologise now for raising it again.

You haven`t got 4wd drive or diff locks engaged ?

Hi Dave

No the drive is in H2 and this has LSD fitted. Is it possible this could be a diff wind up problem?

I have had 4x4's before and am aware not to use H4 or any other 4x4 gearing unless conditions are relevant for such use. I have not had reason to use it in 4x4 as yet. The latter said, just in case it was 'wind up' problem I have tried reversing over a distance and this has not helped in any way!

Hi Simon and welcome to the club.

Try posting your problem on the HIlux forum.

Thnx for the welcome, been on Hilux owners forum and a few suggestions coming through, Test of time and garage getting their with a remedy, fingers crossed.