Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Drum Brakes

Mr.7

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if you lovely people can help me out? I have an early 2011 plate Yaris T-Spirit, which when I break after have driven for 5-10 minutes the rear drum brakes squeak when I release the peddle but only at the very top of the pedal.

The car had it's 20,000 miles service two weeks ago, where the front pads were replaced but no mention or notes of anything wrong with the back.

I may just call local dealer tomorrow see if they will diagnose for free?? I think it should have been picked up on the service? Surely they check the rear brakes too?

Thanks for any help you give.

Lee

Typically they don't; Unless you tell them to check something specific the only checks they do are the visual inspection. I doubt they would open up the rear drums to inspect them except maybe on the major service or whatever the age or odometer interval specified is for the check.

I had the same problem with mine ended up taking back to dealer and having the rear drums stripped down and cleaned then put back on.

It queued it for a bit but start again turned out the rear wheel bearing was knackered so was going to cost me a bit to get replaced. had replaced and solved the problem.

Hey,

Car was in with Toyota today, they looked and said after the drums were stripped and cleaned in the service they weren't greased enough, they added more and now there is no noise at all :)

Thanks for your help,

Mr.7