Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sr 2.0 D-4D Or 1.6 Vvti

pnbrown

Hi,

Im looking to buy a 2006/2007 Corolla SR as I need another car for commuting to work and would be interested to hear peoples opinions on whether the diesel or petrol in the SR performs best. I already have a 2.0 D-4D in my Auris which seems fairly good although not great fuel consumption, but I from my calculations I think it would still be cheaper to run than the 1.6 petrol doing approx 55 miles per day, half of which would be cruising on dual carriageway.

How do the cars compare performance wise and I would like something fairly quick off the mark with decent acceleration both from a start and also for overtaking on single carriageways.

Thanks, Pete

Defintely 2.0L Diesel. I would personally get that over a 1.6 anyday. You can really feel the turbo kick in once you set off and acceleration is good. I would imagine that diesel would give you more on longer drives.

Would need to agree with Haseeb as I have had both and definitely found a difference between the power and economy which were both better in the 2.0d4d I only had the petrol for a year but it was costing me far too much on fuel so i changed for the d4d and have had 85mpg on a 200 mile run but generally i get around 45-50mpg in short runs around 10 miles to my work and back. The petrol i was lucky to get 35. And overtaking with the d4d is quick along as the turbo has kicked in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links