Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using A Memory Stick On A Toyota Touch

debs679

This has probably been asked before, but I am new around here and can't find the information anywhere. I have a new Yaris TR I thought I would be able to put music onto a memory stick and play it though the media system, I copied some tracks onto a stick but when I plug it into the USB it just comes up that its checking, nothing else happens, some help would be great. Am I loading the stick wrongly.

Thanks debs

That's what I do and it does work. Shame the damn socket is so unaccesable.

Where is the usb socket? I've seen a USB symbol inside the glovebox lid but haven't found the USB socket yet. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Found it :)

Edited by Lorna2

• 2 months later...

Quick update, took car back to Toyota and the mechanic tried my memory stick in his Yaris, it worked ok, they did some tests and think its afaulty unit,its going back in next week so hopefully it'll be sorted.

I had a similar problem on the first day... Changed the memory stick and problem solved :thumbsup:

After reading this I thought I'd have anther go with updating and adding the glass of water app. Last time I tried after many failed attempts I gave in. I ahead a brand new USB storage key, I formatted it and did everything I could and it wouldn't work. This morning it finally recognised my storage key and did the update. I then managed to get the glass of water app on and going.

It seems to me that the Touch & Go Toolbox software is, excuse the pun, very "touchy". The software one moment recognised my USB Key and the next it wouldn't. All the time though my PC recognised it.

Well I got there in the end !!!!

Took the car in again, they tried my memory stick in another Yaris, this 1 with touch and go and it worked, mine is a touch only, they tried it in a touch no joy, After speaking to Toyota they have decided that my 4gb stick was too big, bought a 2gb stick loaded it and it work's. why don't they put this in the manual.................. but after 3 trips to the garage I finally got an answer.

Took the car in again, they tried my memory stick in another Yaris, this 1 with touch and go and it worked, mine is a touch only, they tried it in a touch no joy, After speaking to Toyota they have decided that my 4gb stick was too big, bought a 2gb stick loaded it and it work's. why don't they put this in the manual.................. but after 3 trips to the garage I finally got an answer.

That's odd, and I don't think that's the reason. I managed, in the end, with a 16gb Stick. I still feel its the Touch ToolBox software, as the unt in the car recognised my stick straight off, first time.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a 16gB with 1400 tracks on ... no problems.

Do you have a touch or a touch and go, I'm just happy to have got it working but would like more tracks to choose from,

Yes. I simply formatted the usb, copied the tracks in their album folders in mp3, plugged in and hey presto. I had converted all my iTunes library to mp3 retaining the folder structure and just copied the whole iTunes music folder across.

Has anyone found out how to keep the sound warnings off when not using the navigation screen?