Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'98 Toyota Paseo Help Please Needed To A Toyota Owners Club 1St Ti

Adam Chitty

hello, i have a '98 toyota paseo 1.5 se coupe and im not having a good time with it at the moment and im hoping somebody else can identify the problem through previous experience as ive not had a toyota before..

basically the radiator looked to be leaking so i bought some k-weld as recommended from my local garage.. i put half the bottle in as instructed and drove for a week which didnt help as the radiator was still leaking.. so i put the other half of the bottle in and 2 or 3 days later my car started to overheat.. it was only the 1 day that it was overheating so i nursed it home and got the radiator changed today as the radiator was fairly messy and in my opinion knackered out visibly.. but i have been out in my car today after i had the radiator fitted and it drives like a gem for maybe 5 miles but the the temp. gauge goes off chart on and off and then on consistantly at the top.. my friend mechanic said that it looks like its kicking a lot of pressure out of the pipe that goes into the rad expansion tank from the pressure being pumped out by the compression of the engine.. but i am unsure if it needs bleeding properly or if it is a head job which i really hope its not as i havnt got a spare £250 at the moment lol :(

would welcome any constructive advice for a 1st timer on toyota owner club on the situation lol thank you

just to also add.. i remember turning my heaters/blowers on whilst i was driving to see if they were coming out hot again.. and they were.. but i think thats when it started overheating again this time after i had the new rad fitted.. at first for 10miles probably the temp gauge was ok while i was driving but when i tried the heaters/blowers it started overheating again.. i dont know if thats just coincidence or not..?? thought id mention it though lol please help

wow everybody rushing to help how great this site is... (...sarcasm)