Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excess Fuel Consumption On Avensis 2003 Vvti, 1Az-Fe Engine

ado1

Hello everyone!

I have a toyota avensis 2003 vvtu engine with 1AZ-FE engine type. It has been having excess gasoline consumption (10 liters can only go 63km and full tank goes 360km). I have tried to troubleshoot it myself as a hobbyist but i couldn't get a head way. I have looked at the manual and have confirmed that the car doesn't come with Oxygen Sensors - a.k.a. the Leaded brand. The car seems to fire well and everything seems to be okay. Infact i took it for scanning and no DTC was registered. The only other problem that it exhibits is that it brings black smoke on high revs. The plugs are coated with black sooth after giving it some distance.

So my question is: apart from the Variable Resistor which i have adjusted to bring the voltage to the ECU down from 2.5v to around 0.8v, what else can i look at to reduce the fuel consumption?

What other sonsor can be responsible for fuel consumption variable as per the vvti engine?

Please can anyone help me on what is responsible or what i should be checking?

Thank you in advance.

Hello and welcome in to the TOC, maybe worth asking in the "Avensis" section ?

Go2 the Avensis section....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links