Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strut Brace

Declan Mayock

been googling and looks like no one makes a strut brace for the Auris, I see that OMP make them for a few models would one for a Yaris or the old Corolla fit the Auris?

I know at least four companies making front struts for Auris:

Cusco

TRD

Greddy

Wiecher-Sport

Given that the front strut towers are so close to the bulkhead, I very much doubt that a brace would make a noticeable difference.

The difference is really noticeable. The bar ties the front together very nicely. Car is much more stable, well worth the effort!

Always better if you're able to source the rear sway aswell. This can be found from Cusco!

im googling now, any idea on prices?

The difference is really noticeable. The bar ties the front together very nicely. Car is much more stable, well worth the effort!

Always better if you're able to source the rear sway aswell. This can be found from Cusco!

Can you post a link or part number for the Cusco strut brace please.

Wiecher-Sport is approx. 130-300€ depending on wether you want normal, adjustable or carbon coated adjustable bar.

Part number for Cusco front strut brace is 942540A. If you've got RHD car it will fit for sure. But guys who have LHD cars should pay some attention to the fact that the bar MAY BE bent a little to clear the fluid reservoir on it's way. If it is bent a little, it is very probable that you won't be able to fit it as the reservoir is on different side if you compare RHD and LHD cars. The bar is obviously designed for Japanese RHD cars.

BTW: TOM's is producing front strut for Auris aswell.

Links would be cool guys!

I've been searching all over the place for these strut braces & can't find a single one, so would someone please show a link or pics for us to see please ?

Greddy: 3695d855.jpg Wiechers-Sport: 2d9bvgm.jpgCusco: DSC_0603.jpg

Thanks for that - I'll have to do some digging for prices & suppliers now. Still not overly convinced that they'll make much difference though ........

• 3 weeks later...

Almost every car tuning/racing/rally company in Europe will be able to get Cusco bars for you. Wiecher-Sport is German company. You can order from them or from one of their European resellers.

For TOM's you can ask Prolex-UK, however I don't recommend dealing with them. They replied very slow and after the first message I couldn't contact the guy anymore. Sent several e-mails, and all left without attention.

I haven't found a single UK supplier with these strut braces in stock or even able to give a price. Someone in this country (UK) must do them ?

Sure does. For example Part-box (aka Co-ordSport, the official one for Cusco) and Demon-tweeks.

For Wiechers-Sport DCperformance or Regal Autosport.

I ordered mine from Estonian company called RacingExpert. The owner Kalle is very helpful and the prices are cheap.

Thanks for your quick reply. Funny that when I asked Demon Tweeks for a strut brace, they said they didn't list any for the Auris - weird !

Which strut brace for the corolla will fit the face lift auris ,that is which corolla chassis codes fit the auris face lift model,if any?

It's always better to attach the part number when you're contacting the company. Like that they will be able to source the part, otherwise mistakes are possible.

For Cusco front strut the part number is 942540A.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be keen to find braces for front and back too. Just put on some wheel spacers today on the back, certainly the std 17's fill the SR's rear arches better and feels more stable on sharp turn ins too.

I found out that a company called 'Mquad' are making a strut brace for the Auris - but it costs £136 + £38 delivery ! Daylight robbery :no:

The way most companies work is discount based on a minimum number (say 5 for example). Even so, it's unlikely we'd get the price down to a more reasonable £125 delivered without 5-10 being ordered. I can't really afford or justify paying more than that. Especially when I had an excellent lightweight (1.5kgs) strut brace for my Nissan for only £108. It was made by Alutec & we managed to get a group buy on that from Malaysia !

• 2 years later...

Smiler, what size wheel spacers did you use? Did you eventually install any on the front also? Cheers