Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Excessive Front Vibration When Engaging First Gear

Ni Leopold

Hello all,

I have a manual transmission car that has recently started vibrating violently whenever easing in the first gear, no matter how slow the clutch is released. Prior to this happening i changed one CV joint and the clutch plate and the knock out bearing. I don't know if any of those could have contributed to my problem but i am just listing what happened. The vibrations started about two months after the clutch plate change.

Two weeks ago the timing belt burst and i had that changed. The mechanic told me the vibration was due to the timing in the engine being off but i am still experiencing the vibrations.

Could anyone please offer some guidance

Is it a vibration or more of a violent juddering?

The juddering is likely the clutch; I had that pretty chronic before I got my clutch replaced; It turned out it was engaging at an angle which was making it judder.

The Yaris Mk1 is also quite prone to it during cold weather for some reason.

This is exactly what will happen if some grease or oil got onto the clutch disc. It will probably require another clutch replacement.