Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12 Volt Power Supply?... And Two Stroke Oil In Fuel...

MrSpongeHead

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I've been looking round my recently acquired 2007 Verso and noticed the 12 volt power supply at the rear of the centre console, I went to plug in my tyre inflator but it wouldn't go in, on closer inspection I noticed a plastic internal sleeve (if that makes sense) inside the power supply hole that stops me from plugging anything in to it. Does this sound right? I've done a search around google and there does seem to be some other type of adapters that look like they will fit and then allow me to plug standard plugs in to it.

Also from scouting round and seeing posts on this site and others I think I might give the two stroke oil in a tank of fuel trick a go as well (anything I should be aware of before i give it a go?)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steven.

The more I search about it, the less convinced I become that the red bit of plastic, (which turns freely around in the socket) inside the power supply is meant to be there. I'm wondering if the supply has been used to power something and this has been left behind when it's been unplugged....

The more I search about it, the less convinced I become that the red bit of plastic, (which turns freely around in the socket) inside the power supply is meant to be there. I'm wondering if the supply has been used to power something and this has been left behind when it's been unplugged....

Yeah I was thinking the same, is it some form of adapter/reducer and just needs pulling out ?

With regards to 2 stroke oil, although I`ve used it in the past (in my pickups) and found it does quieten things down I would suggest Millers if you want to use something, it`ll probably work out cheaper.

Heres a massive thread on the pros and cons of using 2t on the Freelander2 forum

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html

Cheers Dave, I was already reading that link (it's taking me a bit of time to get through all the pages though lol). Is Millers Diesel Power Eco Max the stuff you're suggesting? It's £12.99 in Halfords, £10.51 on Opie Oils, anywhere you'd suggest getting it from? I also saw on another thread on here, talk of something called BG244 and Archoil6200 (I think they're the right names), do you recomment either of these as well?

Thanks for your help.

Steven.

Cheers Dave, I was already reading that link (it's taking me a bit of time to get through all the pages though lol). Is Millers Diesel Power Eco Max the stuff you're suggesting? It's £12.99 in Halfords, £10.51 on Opieoils, anywhere you'd suggest getting it from? I also saw on another thread on here, talk of something called BG244 and Archoil6200 (I think they're the right names), do you recomment either of these as well?

Thanks for your help.

Steven.

Yeah Steven, Millers DPEM is the one I was referring to.

I do recommend BG244 for the initial fuel system clean up and I am using A6200 myself at every fill .

My readout is currently on 56 mpg which I reckon is pretty accurate on checking brim to brim.

Oh and V-Power of course :D

Thanks Dave, I shall have a look at those 2 products as well.

I haven't got a Shell station near me :(, I was going to continue to fill up at my local Asdas, that was until reading what a lot of people had to say about supermarket fuel. May just have to change to my local esso station instead, their diesel seems to be around the same price as Asda, my other option is a Gulf station and Total.

Oh, and I pulled out that plastic piece from the 12 volt supply, it was just an adaptor that seems to have been left behind from the previous owner.

Cheers,

Steven.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links