Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle Help!

EMMALOU27

Hi I'm new here! I've jus purchased a 12 plate Aygo fire luvly little car except its gt an annoying rattle from the passenger side area! Can't pin point it! Took it bk to the dealer twice but unable to reproduce it for them but its driving me insane!!! Anyone else similar problems?? Also had to have rear lights replaced due to misting up :( luv the car but really want it fixing now!!

Hi - just posted on the other thread in the Aygo forum, but thought I would copy and paste it here too :) Might be something worth checking?

I have a similar problem which I found whilst investigating a headlining buzzing. I sat in the back of the car and noticed a very loud intermittent rattle which sounded like something metal on metal inside the rear quarter panel of the car every time the car went over a bump...

Turns out it's the lower seat belt mounting of the rear seatbelts. The bracket fixed to the end of the seatbelt bangs and rattles against the mounting screw, which fits into the bodywork of the car, therefore it tends to magnify the sound. Curiously, I've never heard the rattle when no-one is sat in the back of the car, presumably because the seatbelts are under tension and the metal bracket is 'tighter' against the mounting screw.

I have thought about jamming a small piece of 'U' shaped foam between the bracket and the screw just to stop it wobbling around, hopefully this will cure the problem :)

• 5 months later...

i am so so fussy when it comes to rattles and squeaks in a car, kath had the same rattle in the back on both sides of her aygo black, toyotas engineering dept must have huuge tolerances for certain things the rear seat belt mounts are one, what i done to stop the noise was to remove the lower mount then wrap 1 or 2 turns of insulation tape on the bolt and then used self adhesive felt on both sides of the belt mounting eye no more belt rattles now but plenty of others to quieten

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links