Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Help With Rear Wiper Arm On Corolla 2004

roks

Hi All,

I have couple of issues with the rear wiper on my 2004 Spirit.

1. There doesnt seem to be any pressure applied by the arm on the screen, hence it does clean the windows very well.

Is it possible replace the spring or would the whole arm need replacing?

2. When I wash the rear screen by twisting the know anti-clocwise (towards me) little drisssle of water comes out but the arm does not move.

Is that a fault or feature?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Blimey, 144 views and not a single reply.....am I the only one with this model?

Can someone please twist the rear wiper knob to squart water and tell me if the wiper arm moves?

thank you.

Hi,

Go on then I'll try with such a difficult question :lol

If you move it towards you it just pumps water, when you move it away from you to the third postition from off, it pumps and wipes.

You should be getting a good squirt from it, so first check the nozzle is not semi blocked, a pin usually clears it.

If not then its possible you have a problem in the bottle, either muck or a faulty pump, I believe it is a twin pump - covered elsewhere in the forum as I gather its difficult to get at.

As for the arms spring, would first try toyota spares or some motor spares shops.

Also be aware the blade which comes with that plastic cover is available in two slightly different fittings - well it was on my model, expect the spirit is still the same ?

oldcodger,

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to find out that the stalk was not faulty as normally when you squart water the wiper moves as well, like the front ones do. The water now plenty after using a pin, but there is not a spary like the front, water just slides down the glass.

I've change the rear blade to start with, its a lot better now but still a bit weak, will see if I get get a new sping.

Also, the rear wiper doesnt seem to wipe enought area, mine stops at about 11 o'clock position and then back, is that normal for Toyota's?....sorry, I am used to full swings left to right.

Hi,

Yes thats like mine, from rest to about 11 o'clock on the nearside.

The water flow is directed onto the top of the screen and it quickly gushes down.

The rear wiper spring pressure is about a half to a third the strength of the front wipers if thats what you are comparing them against.

Make sure the wiper arm pivot isn't seizing put a bit of oil on the pivot and work it back to get the lube in.as the washer jet make sure you haven't got a split or loose pipe causing a loss of pressure thus a weak spray jet.

thanks guys for your tips. However there is plenty of water coming out, just sliding down the glass. I will take look at the pipes for the rear to see any obvious.

there is plenty of water coming out, just sliding down the glass.

Hi, That sounds perfectly normal to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links