Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Don't Operate!

JBIC

I'm looking for help, please, in locating as problem with the windows on my 3-door 1998 Colorado Manual SWB Landcruiser.

For a while they only operated intermittently, and now they don't operate at all. This leads me to think that the motors are OK, but there is a fault in the wiring and/or switches PCB etc.

Neither side operates, and when the fault was intermittent both sides would, or would not, operate. This makes me wonder if the fault is in the switches on either side or is elsewhere. if it is a switch fault, I'm guessing that only the window on the faulty side would not operate.

Has anyone had a similar fault? If so, what was broken?

Can anyone advise, please? I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere, including the internet.

• 4 weeks later...

hello matey

check with possible lock key/knob on the door or fuse fault.

regards

Assuming the switches are in the door like my LC, the most likely cause is a fracture in the wires from the car to the door.

If you know what you're doing with wiring then its pretty easy to check. If not, and autoelectrician would be your best bet.