Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice On Side Step.

aoleary2

hi i'm new to the forum. i drive a 2006 5 door rav4. I caught the sidestep( passenger side) of the kerb, it left a 2 foot long deep scratch. i could do with some advice on how to get it sorted out. thanks.

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Best bet is keep an eye on e-bay. Singles come up every now and again 'cos someone has been as equally unfortunate as you.........I speak from experience :(

The step simply bolts onto the support.

Which steps are they, long strips of rubber or rubber dots?

Bound to be the long rubber strip type on that vintage I would wager, Davrav, and cannae work out how something at that height can be "caught on a kerb"......last time ah saw that height of kerb was on a tour of Pompeii !!!! (Not the Southampton one.....)

Might be better rubbing it well down, with some judicious use of smooth filler paste, then painting both steps with matching ally paint......?

And excuse manners, new poster from Ringza Kerry....welcome t'club of nutterz.

Big Kev

You would think that a three foot high cycle rack would be big enough to avoid too Kev - but I didn't.............

Totally agree about potential fill and rub down etc. Just depends on how bad the damage is and what final appearance the OP is after.

A photo would help :)

Same happened to my side step. The finish according to the repairer, is a coated alloy. In my case it was filled and painted and now good as new!

You would think that a three foot high cycle rack would be big enough to avoid too Kev - but I didn't.............

Totally agree about potential fill and rub down etc. Just depends on how bad the damage is and what final appearance the OP is after.

A photo would help :)

Neighbour did that recently....bike rack....expensive bike thereon....multi storey car park with height gauge in Glesga....oops...expensive bike damaged. WADLEY BRIGGINS EAT YER HEART OOT....

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Best bet is keep an eye on e-bay. Singles come up every now and again 'cos someone has been as equally unfortunate as you.........I speak from experience :(

The step simply bolts onto the support.

Which steps are they, long strips of rubber or rubber dots?

thanks Davrav i'll watch out on eBay. there the long strips.