Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.8 Automatic V 1.6 Manual ?

Irish John

I'm a taxi driver and my trusted 1.6 petrol Avensis is at deaths door with nerarly 300,000 miles on the clock . Considering replacing it with the 1.8 automatic ( 2008 model) just for comfort anyone know the difference in the fuel consumption of this compared to the same year in the 1.6 petrol ?

Cheers John

Not much difference between 1.8 and 1.6 but if you go for 1.6 manual..it will surely give you better mileage which I guess would be important in your profession. unelss you driving on motorway with 4 passengers..you wont feel much difference in the power of 1.6 and 1.8

having problems with ol' hips so thinking if the consumption is just a couple of MPG in the difference then I'll go for comfort if its only costing me afew € a week more ! getting about 32 MPG at the minute from the Avensis 1.6 ( 2003 ) with 300,00 on the clock , so if I can that or slightly better I'll be happy

My low miler 2005 1.8 auto gives me 39mpg at best driving like a granny, or mid 30's on a motorway at 70mph. I don't do a great deal of stop/start driving but i'd assume low 30's.

I formerly had a manual 1.8 same car which gave me 50 mpg granny style, but the same mid 30's on motorways.

The auto is like driving around in a pair of slippers and smoking a pipe. Over here it's a bit more expensive to road tax the auto.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links