Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq 3 Xenon Headlight Adjustment.

IotaMota

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a lever I can move to remove the dazzle to oncoming drivers?

I am visiting France with my 2009 RHD UK registered iQ and hope that there is a lever, somewhere on the back of the head lights that divert the dazzle away from other road users. (I have another vehicle at home fitted with Hella bi-Xenons which has this facility so I know such adjustments exist).

Just wondered if a forum techy might know where it is situated on the iQ. Thanks.

Sorry, no idea.

The 2 Breathalyser thing has been suspended for cars foreign to France untill November.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-18662555

george

Thanks.Hopefully someone will be able to help with the headlight question.

As for the breathalyzers, no Frenchman I've spoken to carries one in his car.

I think the beams are flat and cannot be adjusted.

If I were in your position I would buy some beam benders From Halfords but not use them. But have them to hand if asked by Mr Gendarm.

The reason for not using them is that if you do a lot of night driving the adhesive and retention of local heat under the beam bender can cause the plastic headlight unit to craze.

Most motorhomes that you see with similar plastic beambenders use headlight protectors that do not get as hot, (although can have the same effect of crazing over time)

I have not seen any headlight protectors for IQs (yet?) although I have had units for other cars, Mainly larger cars that would be used for towing a caravan and going on the continent.

So from that point of view it is unlikely that protectors will be availiable. However as these units seem to be made in Austraiia, anything could happen probably depends on how many IQs hit kangaroos ;-)

Rgds

I think the beams are flat and cannot be adjusted.

If I were in your position I would buy some beam benders From Halfords but not use them. But have them to hand if asked by Mr Gendarm.

The reason for not using them is that if you do a lot of night driving the adhesive and retention of local heat under the beam bender can cause the plastic headlight unit to craze.

Most motorhomes that you see with similar plastic beambenders use headlight protectors that do not get as hot, (although can have the same effect of crazing over time)

I have not seen any headlight protectors for IQs (yet?) although I have had units for other cars, Mainly larger cars that would be used for towing a caravan and going on the continent.

So from that point of view it is unlikely that protectors will be availiable. However as these units seem to be made in Austraiia, anything could happen probably depends on how many IQs hit kangaroos ;-)

Rgds

Thanks for your reply. I'm now in Spain (moved on from France yesterday) so, unfortunately, Halfords isn't an option. I'm towing

'i-Quirky' (my nickname for her) behind my motorhome. That's the other vehicle mentioned in my first post that has levers behind its headlights to divert the dazzle-beam (or dip to the right)...Cheers.

Slightly O/T but by chance are you on another forum having slight problems trailering an IQ ?

If you are toading, obviously not you.

Have a good trip

Rgds

• 5 months later...

I walked past an IQ today and spotted the single unit projector lights, hence the reason I've appeared here. Interesting to see you have the Hella bi-xenon lights on the motorhome. I've seen some of the conversion units and they look very good.

I've just ordered the bi-halogen high/low units for a project kit car. I priced the bi-xenons too, but they were £600 a pair for just the bare light units.

May be a bit late on this topic, but have you thought of using the 'beam benders' (as available from Halfords and others) stuck onto sheet of clear plastic cut to shape of headlight (obviously the front flat area only) and stick that on using (for example, 4 stick on pads) sticky pads, with the plastic sheet covered in the 'beam bender stick on?' Lined up properly it may work.

Or, another alternative, using clear plastic stick on film on the headlight, then put on 'beam benders.'

http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B000TBYL46

Also spotted this one, useful elsewhere -

http://www.stickonvi...?productID=9986

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_172996_langId_-1_categoryId_165458