Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Yaris ?

Elofan

Hello all a quick newbie question ,if you don't mind? .I am thinking about buying a used 60 plate yaris 1.0 tr 5dr for £7000 . I have two questions reall 1 . Is this a good deal? And 2. I have read some reviews about the 1.0 being very slow and noisy so my other question is .considering I do mainly 70% town driving is this engine up to the job of doing some long motorway trips in reasonable comfort ,refinement ?or is it a case of shouting to hear one another talking and the engine screaming at 70 mph ? I know a strange question but any help would be much appreciated .regards Barry

Hi Elofan :) and welcome to the club. I had a 1.0 Yaris (2008) and it wasn't noisey at all. You definitely won't have to shout over the engine. I've never found the 1.0 to be in any way slow. In fact it was very nippy. :D

1.0 = small but powerful :yes:

Can't advise you on the price, as 60 plate means nothing to me. Registration numbers are different here in NI. What year is it?

I would say the price also depends on things like if its got a full service history, are you buying it from a Toyota dealer? If so, they'll have it well checked over. The TR is a good spec, my last and current ones both TR.

Not bad price. I just got a 1.4 diesel D4D SR fromm local Toyota dealer and love it. My cousin has a 1 l.0 ltr and it really does move and is very economical so you should be ok

The 1.0 doesn't have the effortless grunt of the 1.3 or D4D on the motorway but it's still more than capable. Heck, the number of 1.0VVTi Yarisususes that fly past me on the motorway when I'm cruising in the outer lane in my D4D can be a bit disconcerting :lol:

(I am regaining my discipline tho'! The urge to join them is being curbed by the high price of fuel! :crybaby: But you can't argue with 600+ miles per tank :yahoo:)

It is a bit noisier but frankly, the road noise is louder than the engine at motorway speeds so you'd never notice!

<seriously with the double posting??>

Thanks guys I took the plunge but opted for a 1.33 instead 60 plate tr 17000 miles full service history island blue from a Toyota dealer £7500

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links