Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revised Auris, Incl. Hybrid

cuius

that looks better but still boring

The whole car has a forward-leaning look. It makes it appear as though the brakes are being applied permanently.

If they can just make the boot a bit bigger I'll be interested!

The Gen 2 is about the right size for my parking space.

The Gen 3 is just a bit too big.

The Auris Hybrid whilst okay size wise on the outside, is like the reverse of Doctor Who's TARDIS, no one would ever say it's bigger on the inside than the outside when they look in the boot.

Given that every model seems to increase in size, and then the manufacturers insert a new model at the bottom, I thought maybe I should just wait until one of the models is released that is a Gen 2 sized car again.

Thanks Colin for the plug, brilliant.

Not quite sure why all the Prius owners feel their chains have been pulled to add spurious uninformed comments, I have always recommended a separate Auris HSD thread because of this.

Anyway, GAV18 [Auris Owner] deserves recognition - at an overall mpg of 51.6 you're must have a heavy right foot. The new shape should improve that, see the 'BBC iPlayer Gordon Murray program' for technical explanation.

I'm booking my test drive for an ARUIS Mk.II to – morrow.

Cheers TerryB

Not quite sure why all the Prius owners feel their chains have been pulled to add spurious uninformed comments, I have always recommended a separate Auris HSD thread because of this.

I looked at the current Auris boot, it was too small for me - how could I be more informed exactly?!

I liked the Auris otherwise, especially as its much shorter than the Prius, so I look forward to hearing if they have improved luggage capacity!

Thanks Colin for the plug, brilliant.

Anyway, GAV18 [Auris Owner] deserves recognition - at an overall mpg of 51.6 you're must have a heavy right foot. The new shape should improve that, see the 'BBC iPlayer Gordon Murray program' for technical explanation.

I'm booking my test drive for an ARUIS Mk.II to – morrow.

Cheers TerryB

It is perfectly reasonable for potential owners of any car to look at and comment on aspect they feel may not meet their needs. For a NEW car model, they can express an opinion on parts of the design that they hope have improved compared with the current model.

I'm interested in all the Hybrid models and even other makes, and possibly even electric cars, I think It is sad, that you often seem to make posts unrelated to the thread subject matter at hand and instead use them as opportunities for your personal vendetta against the general hybrid members who happen to currently own a different model!

That looks like it might have been reasonably proportioned until they let an elephant sit on the front of it. I suppose it could be considered more 'interesting' than the current model, if 'interesting' means looking like the ***** MPV love-child of a Nissan Tiida and a JDM Honda Odyssey with dwarfism. Maybe someone borrowed Seat's make-it-look-sporty-for-balding-but-virile-dads algorithm and force-fed the design for a Verso through it. Whatever, it's not a design 'language' I find appealing. Still, at least they kept the rear door handles...

Inevitably the grey one looks horribly ungainly on small wheels, just like the Gen3 Prius and current Auris which look equally trolley-like on 15s. Presumably it's just not possible to meet all the safety and size expectations these days whilst maintaining a shape that's proportioned for proper-sized wheels.

Of course, none of the above matters a jot because buying an Auris for the way it looks makes about as much sense as buying a Renault for the reliability. They've managed to avoid making it offensively-ugly or unnecessarily attention-seeking so its target market should be happy as long as it's screwed-together properly and is suitably practical. On that second point, they will presumably have solved the boot-space issue as this one's been designed from the start to run HSD, unlike the old model which was hybridised later in life.

all the Prius owners feel their chains have been pulled to add spurious uninformed comments,

I presume that includes me, so be good enough to tell me in what way you find my comment spurious or uninformed and I will do the same for you . . . . . :)

• 4 weeks later...

Good news about the boot from the blog post:

There is more space in the boot, with 90mm added to the loadspace length. Capacity is increased to 360 litres – and that goes for Auris Hybrid as well. By relocating the Battery pack beneath the rear seat, the hybrid gains an extra 127 litres to equal its petrol and diesel-powered sister models in load-carrying ability.

Definite Lexus LS influence inside and out.

I'll almost certainly be having one when I have to chuck the keys to the Prius back.