Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Judder On Pulling Away.

thetoneuk

my rav4 1.8ng has developed a very annoying judder when pulling away in first not so bad in second ect. and not always does it.

few months ago had the clutch replaced so hoping it not the clutch at fault... any ideas ??

ive had the same problem in my old ford,the clutch went so had it replaced and flywheel skimmed, within weeks the car was juddering when pulling away, the clutch was at fault.

thanks was hoping it would be something like a engine mounting . still after 3 years other than a Battery and front/rear pads not to bad for a 12year old car i suppose..

My wife's RAV does that if I try and pull away in a hurry. I think my Landcruiser did the same. Not sure it is anything to worry about - but I only drive them and I am no expert. My feeling is it is because they are quite heavy cars with the 4WD system and there is a limit to the power that can be transferred in a short time. I want an auto next time which will make life easier.

David

Correct me if I,m wrong but isn,t the 1.8Ng a 2wd Rav that they brought out for a limited run in 2000?

Regards Clare

I've heard from several mechanics that if even a small amount of oil or grease gets on the clutch disc or pressure plate, this judder can be a result.

Correct me if I,m wrong but isn,t the 1.8Ng a 2wd Rav that they brought out for a limited run in 2000?

Regards Clare

Ooops !!

David

well been to a mechanic and he said could be the asda / tesco petrol so going to try some shell/bp fuel for a while see how that goes , apparently probably not clutch because it so intermittent .

If you can pull away in 2nd smoothly albeit with more revs it's not the clutch imho, i'd try replacing fuel filter first but im no expert on your model.

thanks , think i`ll give that a try and prob check plugs n ht leads while im at it