Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Problem...

borodaz

well im not sure if you's remember that in october/november time i had to replace my cams as they where worn.

well now i have another problem and it is that my car seems to be getting up to temp a lot quicker than normal, my engine management tc and vsc lights lit up but car drove normal and when i got home and had a look in the engine and reset my ecu they aint lit up since.

now i have checked my oil , had an oil change just after i had my cams replaced. there is oil in my engine but its always hard to read on our dipsticks and just looks normal to how it always looks.

has anybody got any ideas ? could my fan/radiator not be working ( but then would my engine not overheat ). my temp sits at the same point as it always has its just getting there a lot quicker

cant hear anything bad around the engine, would my heatshield be causing it ? i have the common tinny rattle at certain revs that people say is the heat shield loose but after that point in the rev range the noise goes.

right ive just sat at my car with bonnet open and started my car from cold, here is how it went.....

car starts at 1500 revs.

drops to 1200 revs after 2 mins and temp rises to first mark.

revs at 1000 revs after 4 mins and temp nearly at 2nd mark.

temp just passes 2nd mark at 6mins.

air filter sounds like it is gulping for air every so often ranging from 5-10 seconds, not too loud but can hear it if you stick your head at the air filter (typhoon had fitted since baught the car 5 years back covered approx 30k miles).

temp at 3rd mark after 9 mins and revs at 900.

car at running temp after 12 mins and revs at 800, fan hasnt kicked in yet, air filter sounds normal with no gulping.

fan still not kicked in yet at 14 mins, revs seem to be fluctuating but by a little amount just enough to see the needle move slightly.

the above may not sound wrong, but im certain it is half of the above time to reach its running temp when out driving the car (and driving it slow)

no air con and no lights where on when conducting this test, also no animals hurt haha

Are you in the uk? If you are then have you not noticed the scorching sun? Coubik its going to heat up quicker than it would in the winter :P

That rpms sound exactly right for a cold start too me :)

When was the car last serviced including plugs?

Hi

Been in cardiff since last wedsday home now, 28degs down there starting car up from cold within 3 minute's it's reached normal temp. Steven could be right

Been really hot down here the last week or so! :D