Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!

doberav 4

Hi All,

You all maybe asking about the user name well i think its pretty apt as i have a Rav4 and i have 4 Doberman's that get carted around in my Rav. I will be honest i wouldn't normally be on a forum as i pretty much computer useless. Now i am in the doo doo at the moment! My old 94 Rav has conked out and i am looking for suggestions as me and my Dobes are due at a show on Sunday and our Rav is not starting, so i have a few questions to ask and i was wondering if anyone could give me a few suggestions as i am at my whits end!

I have 2.0 ltr auto Rav on a "N" reg,she has done more miles than the moon but she is all mine! Anyway,today was the start of problems i came out of work and the car cut out on me ,she restarted after a couple of goes and i was on my way again.then she cut out for good and i couldn't get her started again.So i let her cool down as the temp gauge was showing as everything was normal before the cut out.So i managed to get home after a few stops on the way.Now since this has happened i have turned her over and she smells like she is running rich but then cuts out,its as if the spark plugs are getting flooded and cutting out the engine.Now i know it could be a sensor of some sort or it could be a dose of things. So there we have it folks, me and my four dobes are at a loss with a show in front of us! Please help!!!! :driving:

Welcome in to the TOC, maybe worth posting in the Rav4 section :)

Hello and welcome to the club.

Welcome in to the TOC, maybe worth posting in the Rav4 section :)

Thanks me being a Newbie and all that!

No worries, the Rav4 section is very busy, so I'm sure someone can help you out ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes,i have now got to the bottom of my issue,it was a throttle body that is faulty! Got one off eBay for £20 Job done!