Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Car Worth ?

CharlieFarlie

Right after a dreamer turned up to buy the car last weekend 500 quid short I'm now going to put it on Autotrader....

Having looked on the Trader and eBay the average price is around 11K

So realistically what is this car worth ?

It has 61.500 miles with a full documented history 99% at Toyota.

Condition is likely as good as it can be...

Car has in addition to the usual high T180 spec.

Full Appearance pack

Silver roof rails

Full set of mud flaps.

Lindop tuning kit

New reargaurd.

Full Toyota towing equipment used only for the Jet Ski

Brand new Bosch 900 amp Battery.

Latest Sat Nav disc installed.

Rear load compartment rubber mat

Genuine Toyota dog guard ( Unused came with the car)

I have just taxed the car from the first of August for a full year.. So the disc has not even started yet.

I will also put a brand new MOT on the car before selling though it has MOT until aprox March 2013

Car will be on its original set of wheels which are in top condition and all tyres have 5+mill of tread..

Toyota are giving a 2 year warranty on the engine.....

I am a little out of the loop in selling cars ! So My guides have been looking at same models and years on both Autotrader and eBay...

I would like to think that the car is a wee bit above the usual stuff on those sites..

I also called past Stratstone Jaguar today as I'm buying a new car shortly from them and they have a grey car on the forecourt. Same Year similar miles .. But the condition was nowhere near this car !! All tyres were low and body scratches every where.. That one was 13K...............

Pics on page 3 of this thread

http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=137887

Thanks.

You have a lovely looking car, with great spec, and the warranty on the engine is a bonus. I got my last car through auto trader, but it may be worth considering asking Mr T if they will sell it on commission, especially as you have had a lot of grief!

I sent you a PM, about your dog guard.

Best of luck,

Ainsley

Mate I have no PM from You I have checked.. But I wont be selling any of the kit or parts like that simply because the dog guard is just to large to pack and post .. Sorry...

I am amazed at the lack of replies to this thread .............

Thats the other aspect of the 2.2d engine troubles...... deteriorating residuals and a lack of buyer interest especially on this forum after all the negative/ informative posts.

Thats the other aspect of the 2.2d engine troubles...... deteriorating residuals and a lack of buyer interest especially on this forum after all the negative/ informative posts.

Yup, the 2.2 D4D has well and truly been talked down. Ultimately the car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and, if they've been following this sorry saga, that isn't going to be very much.................

Agree totally... The residuals are bad.. Its how bad and where to pitch the price that is eluding Me.. I am Not trying to sell the car here so that negates that to some extent...

Take this one as an average...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RAV4-2-2-D-4D-T180-TOP-OF-THE-RANGE-/160847940666?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item257348cc3a#ht_1093wt_1270

I cannot seem to get anywhere near that price despite all the extras, Lower miles albiet slightly.. And above all Condition and hopefully a now sorted engine / car.....

Yup, the 2.2 D4D has well and truly been talked down. Ultimately the car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and, if they've been following this sorry saga, that isn't going to be very much.................

David I realise a car is only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay !! I actually hate these type of threads....

I realise also that the car is worth less than say a Honda CRV or similar because of its issues and despite those issues in this case and on the face of it hopefully sorted ......

I may if forced strip the car of all the sellable extras and sell it at a far lower price but frankly don't have the time or inclination to do so..

I don't think the car should be worth less than a CRV given the charts I posted the other day. For me the offputting thing is that it is a T180 and I wouldn't normally have one by choice. My reasons for not wanting one are the same now as they've ever been - I don't need the extra power so wouldn't really want the extra fuel consumption, the RFT saga is the one thing that has ever really hacked me off with Toyota - that was always a money spinning cartel and I will never be convinced otherwise. I am wary of the D-CAT system although I suspect it is fixed now with the new automatics but that feeding neat fuel into the exhaust is probably the root cause of the poor fuel consumption that can be a problem.

However, that said, yours is a spectacular example in terms of its condition. I would treat it like a dealer would treat it and not be so open about the history and that it should be a good buy for a prospective owner. We are living in an age of cheap cars and the devalue at an alarming rate. The only ones that don't seem to suffer are some German models and that always bewilders me as they can be a liability to own. I have made two expensive changes recently. One was with the blue RAV (that I should never have swapped and I predictably kick myself every time I think about it). It was just 12 months old and had 4k on it. I made its availability known on this forum but it had no bites. I lost about £3k trading it which was very acceptable. The next was that Kia Soul. This is a budget brand but I would rather have one of those long term than any Ford or Vauxhall. When I made the change I lost the VAT and about 2k so 4k in all. Again, the Soul with about 3k miles on it was made available on the owner forum. The bootom line is that if you can find somebody who is looking you will geta reasonable price but if not you will take a hit. Trading in is easiest and you might have to just take the losses on the chin. I don't believe it has anything to do with the brand.

'Morning Charlie,

You may have already discounted this but have you considered using BCA's SureSell auction, www.sure-sell.co.uk ?

Honest John in the Telegraph always rates them highly for ease of use, value & results. Might be worth looking into...

Good luck,

Jim

Classic Cars for Sale on Car And Classic | www.carandclassic.co.uk

www.carandclassic.co.uk/

Morning Charlie,

This site has free advertising, and when I was looking, came up with some good cars. At the moment there is a LHD 2007 car for sale at 14950, but none as nice as yours!

Any way, just another thought!

This might sound harsh but:

£7500 in swap, £9000 Private.

Maybe even less in the trade. Its nearly 6yrs old, anything over 10k when 6yrs+ looks expensive IMO.

Hi Charlie

Nice to see you back

I think you might take into account that now is not the best time to sell - people are doing holidays! Timing is important but you can't always choose it of course.

People will usually pay more for a dealer car, scratched or not because they see a value in having 'comeback' on a dealer.

And they do go back to dealers - this is just one of the reasons why dealer prices are higher. They have to build in these potential costs to their sale price.

You know how well you have looked after your car but I would not expect you to get a dealer sale price (unless you are extremely lucky)

I would pitch the price below that but reflect the great condition - otherwise punters will assume there is something fishy.

If punters don't like 2.2D's they won't want to buy your car anyway, so I would not lower the price on that score.

I suggest your buyer is someone who wants a non dealer car that has been well looked after and believes toyotas will run for a long time.

IMO extras don't add too much to the price of cars - depending on what they are.

And I would think about removing, not mentioning, your tuning box - it would put me off for one.

So for me I would advertise around £11,700 - depending on how bullish you feel when you do the advert!

I am not in the business, this is just my opinion.

I'm sorry that your toyota experience has not been a happier one!

I don't think the car should be worth less than a CRV given the charts I posted the other day. For me the offputting thing is that it is a T180 and I wouldn't normally have one by choice. My reasons for not wanting one are the same now as they've ever been - I don't need the extra power so wouldn't really want the extra fuel consumption, the RFT saga is the one thing that has ever really hacked me off with Toyota - that was always a money spinning cartel and I will never be convinced otherwise. I am wary of the D-CAT system although I suspect it is fixed now with the new automatics but that feeding neat fuel into the exhaust is probably the root cause of the poor fuel consumption that can be a problem.

Must agree, I chose Rav4 as the car for me then chose an XTR for cost of purchase and for fuel consumption. You need to find someone who particularly wants the T180.

As for price- Top money is £12k I'd say, but depends on speed of sale. Trouble is, no one except you knows how well you've looked after it. Most the add-ons mean nothing. And the history doesn't help! I'd say take the top price and take 10% off to actually sell it reasonabbly quickly. I.e. Accept £10800 for it if offered.

Dave

Charlie

Is it possible to buy a transferable warranty and add it to the price? It would make a good advert if it said "with genuine Toyota warranty".

Charlie

Is it possible to buy a transferable warranty and add it to the price? It would make a good advert if it said "with genuine Toyota warranty".

Toyota have given a 2 Year warranty on the engine...

If I could get anywhere near the above valuations I would happily pay for Toyota warranty....

Blimey I've even taxed the thing for a full year..

Hi There,

My name is Chris,i am a newbie rav 4 owner,but proud as punch i now have one! Great for throwing my 4 dogs to shows and all that.The reason i am replying and i dont wish to sound cheeky what so ever............................but if your selling the dog guard i will give you a fair price for it!

Sadly, I don't think Charlie's dog guard will fit your car, and in any case, I hope I am first in Line, eh Charlie!!!!

I'll have the gearbox, transfer box and turbo for my XT4 if you break her up!

Have you tried advertising her on pistonheads?

I'll have the gearbox, transfer box and turbo for my XT4 if you break her up!

Have you tried advertising her on pistonheads?

Its on Pistonheads for 1000 less than the valuations on here Mate....

This would put me off - 0 to 62 in 19.3 Seconds :o ;)

This would put me off - 0 to 62 in 19.3 Seconds :o ;)

19.3 econds eh!! With acceleration rates like that it's time to remove the speedo and replace it with a calendar and a pencil tied to a piece of string. LOL!!

Sorry couldn't resist!!

MMMmmmmm Yes I saw that..... I expect most looking (If any) would realise it a bit quicker than that............