Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noooooo (Hopefully Not Signs Of A Problem)

freestyle

Was leaving work tonight and poor old Bessie just died on me as I came to a halt at the gates.

Tried restarting and the engine just sat there trying to turn over but getting nowhere, stopped it, waited a few secs then tried another two times, finally starting on the third go.

But of course its never that simple, as soon as it started up I got the engine management light and check vsc/4x4, etc. Turned it off, disconnected the kingo chip and still got the same issue.

Parked up, went to cinema, sobbed into a beer (only the one) and returned this evening to find it started fine.

I haven't reconnected the chip and have used my code reader to reveal P0191, anybody have any ideas before I grease mr Toyotas palm?

Fuel rail pressure sensor or fuel rail pressure?

The fuel rail points towards the chip. Try it without for a few days.

I had exactly the same code not long after my chip kit was first fitted. Kingo swapped the chip kit for me & had my original checked out to which they could find no issues.

I ran ours for about 1 week without the chip kit whilst things were being checked out & then refitted the box.

We have since covered 20k with no issues.

Cheers guys, will keep running for a few more days without the chip, havent had any repeat occurrences since.

Now i just need to stop my mind playing tricks on me about how different it feels without the chip!

The chip makes a massive difference, even my wife commented on the noticeable drop in power when we ran ours for a week without it.

How's your mpg looking?

mpg has been steadily going down!

i can notice the lack of power further up the rev range especially on A roads, but in an odd twist it actually feels more torquier (if thats even a word) in the 1-2000rpm range when city driving!

Send the chip back (just the box) and I will have it checked out for you

Kingo :thumbsup: