Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Back After 4 Years

druand

Hi All,

Been away (Land Rover) for a few years but decided to come back to Toyota. Collected ex demo XTR Diesel Auto yesterday.

Only covered a few miles but am impressed.

Freelander not a bad car but dealer workshop/technicians a nightmare. Favourite special tool "a b------dy great big hammer. I am NOT kidding, they attacked propshaft to diff flanges with a hammer because they did not know how to remove on newer design.

:drunk: welcome back to the fold m8

Many years ago, I was on a management course and they showed us a video about Land Rover's "just in time" stock system, which was saving them money, and I'm sure it was wonderful. However, it was the background-setting footage of the shop floor that grabbed my attention. Not only did it look like a dark satanic medieval foundry, the "!Removed! great big hammers" were much in evidence, apparently for "delicately adjusting" panels that didn't fit.

It put me off their cars for life. :euro:

Blimey Andy, long time no speak. Welcome back to the fold.

I'm also returning after a long absence, not from the Rav4 but from this forum. I've missed the banter!

And I need a new Rav4! This one is going great guns and has never missed a beat

Cork-20120607-00127.jpg

I'm also returning after a long absence, not from the Rav4 but from this forum. I've missed the banter!

And I need a new Rav4! This one is going great guns and has never missed a beat

Cork-20120607-00127.jpg

welcome back

Blinkin heck Robert...............isnt it your round? :beer:

You still in the same job?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Was looking at Robert6920,s Rav 4 descriptions and thinking looks like either European location or Southern Ireland (Eire), would imagine it,s the latter. How come that Toyota GB never adopted these "grades" Sol, Luna ? and why did they never import the range of Toyota,s that you can get in Eire?

Regards Clare

Thick O just read his profile again!!!!!!!

Was looking at Robert6920,s Rav 4 descriptions and thinking looks like either European location or Southern Ireland (Eire), would imagine it,s the latter. How come that Toyota GB never adopted these "grades" Sol, Luna ? and why did they never import the range of Toyota,s that you can get in Eire?

Regards Clare

Thick O just read his profile again!!!!!!!

The reason is that Ireland normally take a much lower spec than we do in the UK, due to very high taxes (VAT etc) in Eire, so while they might sound exotic, they are usually a much lower spec

Kingo :thumbsup:

Good grief.

Robert, how are you??? I thought the airport was keeping you too busy to look in.

Give my and anchorwomans love to "y" and a pat for the dogs!

Regards

Don

Lord bless you all, thank you for the lovely re-welcome! Anchorman, Parts-King, shcm especially! I have "additional responsibilities" at work now (due to being distracted a year or so ago and not realising how I was being "stitched up"!) so am up and down to Shannon and Cork airports each month as they are part of my flock now, too. Hence the mileage!

I am hoping to get a replacement Rav4 shortly - we have to hang onto the cars for 4 years due to the parlous state of the economy - but the upside is I can still get a Rav4 with spare wheel on the back, which I think is an impossibility in UK (?) Cars are much more expensive in Ireland and hence the lower spec :censor: but there does appear to be a silver lining.... I will keep in touch and look forward to playing a bit more of my part in the forum

Anchorman, thanks, Hi from both of us to both of you

Lord bless you all, thank you for the lovely re-welcome! Anchorman, Parts-King, shcm especially! I have "additional responsibilities" at work now (due to being distracted a year or so ago and not realising how I was being "stitched up"!) so am up and down to Shannon and Cork airports each month as they are part of my flock now, too. Hence the mileage!

I am hoping to get a replacement Rav4 shortly - we have to hang onto the cars for 4 years due to the parlous state of the economy - but the upside is I can still get a Rav4 with spare wheel on the back, which I think is an impossibility in UK (?) Cars are much more expensive in Ireland and hence the lower spec :censor: but there does appear to be a silver lining.... I will keep in touch and look forward to playing a bit more of my part in the forum

Anchorman, thanks, Hi from both of us to both of you

Hi Robert - great to see you back on-line again! Question: How many miles do you get from your Michelin Latitude Tour tyres and what is your opinion after having had them for some time now?

Hi Robert - great to see you back on-line again! Question: How many miles do you get from your Michelin Latitude Tour tyres and what is your opinion after having had them for some time now?

Thanks Chris. I think the Latitude tyre is excellent. I change them over to winter tyres (Michelin Alpins) in October (and back in March) and am not long into my second set of Latitude Tours, so I'd guess at around 60,000 km. I put the Michelins on early on in the Rav4's life and believe them to be quieter and more economic in terms of l/100km - MPG

We live out in the country and although Ireland (usually) doesn't get the cold winters of the UK, the winters of 2010 and 2011 were humdingers and there is not an ounce of salt or grit spread within 10miles of our village, so for me, the winter tyres are a must. HTH!