Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Water Depth Crossing

Taraz

Hi dear club, I'm new here and actually I'm happy that such forums exist to let me educate myself about my car!

I live in Northern territory Australia and I own a Toyota 2002 Rav4 Edge. several times that I've been off the road I crossed through water in national parks with the depth showing 0.3m however for deeper parts I didn't want to make risk. If you have some tips or data regarding water crossing specially for my model I appreciate to share.

Hi Taraz

Firstly welcome to the club,i believe the 4.2 version has a MAX wading depth of 400mm ( about 16 inches ).It is for my diesel anyway.

Have done this ( and probably a little more lol ) on occasions,just be aware of where your air intake is under the hood,most of the electrics should be nice & high ( top of the wings & suspension mounts etc) Just be aware....its not a full blown off roader .......but enjoy.

Go in slowly and let a wake form in front. Take care if you drive into the wake of another vehicle.

400mm is about the height of the highest wheel nut on my 4.2 It's worth noting that the bottom of the door seals will be under water at this point, so spray a little silicone lube or furniture polish on them for a better seal (this also stops your door freezing closed in winter).

:thumbsup:

Also keep in mind that 400mm of fast flowing water can float a car and move it sideways.

I got an excellent book on driving in the outback when I was on a trip down under called which gives all sorts of good advice. You can get a coopy of jack Abslaom's book here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SAFE-OUTBACK-TRAVEL-Jack-Absalom-ABC-Radio-Australian-/200800133236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2ec09ee074

I'm ashamed to say that I clocked up all my kilometers in a Subaru Forrester rather than a Rav though..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links