Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

16" Alloys With Winter Tyres

crustyclam

Hi,

So i am contemplating depending on overall cost getting some additional alloys / steelies and winter tyres.

I am thinking of going for 16" alloys / steelies, one to keep the cost down, secondly i quite like the small alloy larger tyre profile look, and apparently smaller alloy size is preferable for using with winter tyres.

Will a 16" alloy be ok for the 2006 RAV4 model, and clear all the breaking mechanisms? I am guessing so as some 16" alloys show as compatible with my vehicle on some alloy sites.

My 18" alloys are stamped as 7.5j, so i assume i should go with 16x7.5J.

Lastly i have used a tyre calculator to check the overall rolling diameter based on my current 18" alloys and tyre size 235 55 R18. This comes in at

716mm.

When i then compare to find the best tyre size for a 16" alloy to match the rolling diameter it comes in as 225 70 R16, this gives a +0.7% difference coming in at 721. But a few sites give tyre choices as 215 70 R16, the differnce between mine is -1.26 707mm.

So do i need to stick to 215, or is 225 ok, searching forums it seems some people do have 225 on 7.5j alloys.

Thanks

Lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links