Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Filter Wrench Size On 57Reg Avensis T180?

Starlight Taxis

Hi guys

Can anyone please tell me which size wrench I need to buy to fit my oil filter? It's a 57reg 2008 AvensisT180 (old shape).

Kind regards

Mike

Type into Amazon 'Lexus oil filter socket.' does that look like the right one??

Anchorman has posted a thread on the rav4 section mate, it's really helpful

That's exactly the SORT of thing I'm looking for but it says it's for a 3.5 V6... not sure it'd be the same for the 2.2 D-4D... I'll check out the Rav4 thread then. Thanks!

That is the socket that fits my 09 avensis estate 2.0 d4d and reading that thread they seem to be similar on toyotas, I have tried with a strap wrench and a chain wrench and both couldn't move it, Toyota must have grollied it on for the previous owner of my car, I even doubt that they have changed it at all to be honest

I hit a similar problem with my 06 D4D. I bought a Halfords advanced 'universal' type filter removal tool. The only problem is that it is a little too big so I had to sleeve the arms down a bit with bicycle inner tube. Its been a bit fiddly but it the best I have come up with so far. There's loads of cheap stuff out there but I don't think it is worth buying. If you are keeping the car for a while a genuine Toyota tool may be worth the investment.