Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would You Believe This

Manxrav

A friend of mine in the Lancashire area (Oldham-Rochdale) was in the market for a new Rav4 SR180. So off she goes to her local Toyota Dealer, If anybody knows that area they will know which group are the main dealer is. So having had a test drive she is smittened, now for the deal breaker and paper work. So after a week of waiting and waiting NO Response from the main dealer despite numerous phone calls.

She rang me and I told her to go to the Macclesfield branch as I know Anchs has a good relationship with them. but she was concerned that buying it from there and having it serviced in Rochdale would not put her in a good realationship with either dealer.

Must add this was a cash deal and the Rav4 was being used as a company car. She has now gone to the local Honda dealer and bought a CRV, after what I can only describe as deplorable service from a Toyota dealer. Can they afford to lose £ 28000 of business? I think not.

Regards Clare

I felt I had to post this as I was the one who tried to tempt her into buying a Rav and these type of dealers need a good kick up the backside!!!!!

Shocking, they deserve the lost sales they get!!

Tell her to write to the Centre Principle, nothing like telling them their incompetance sent them to buy another brand, with a bit of luck that car salesman might be selling oranges on the market next week

Kingo :thumbsup:

There are no 180s any more Clare but whatever she was going to buy she should have tried another dealer rather than cut off her own nose. She will no doubt love the Honda - they are a good car and I can understand her frustration. The best medicine is to buy it elswhere then go and show the dealer principle what she has bought.

Sorry Anchs was a wrong model description.It was an XTR but fully loaded from what she was saying.She was really miffed about the whole episode, as she really wanted the Rav4.

Anyway she,s coming across in October so I will see first hand what a Honda CRV is all about.

Regards Clare

PS see they do the SR version and the XTR version, obviously both with the 150bhp engine!!!!

Let's hope she is happy with her Honda CRV...........But it will always be her second choice!

Yarp I would believe it. Sales chaps are very fickle fellows always target them last week of the month to make a good deal and last day of Q3 to have their eyes out.

Had exactly the same, my local dealer couldn't even bother to arrange a test drive for me. Ended up going to Yeovil (I'm nr Southampton) and they bent over backwards to get me in a Rav!

Have it serviced locally now and tbh have had a "few" issues, but I can get "service" from them if and when I need to!

Dave

I remember when me and shcm were looking at 2010 models we tried to price 2 at the same time with RRG. It was a new salesman who seemed to home in on me and disregard shcm and his very desirable, very clean trader. He was such a fool that I walked away after he would niether give me the price that I wanted for mine OR except that I might sell it privately and just pay cash.

The next time I visited he had been sacked so it does pay to tell the dealer manager what has happened. That galoot you are talking about is still working for them and has got away with it.

When I did decide to talk to RRG again they gave me just the deal I asked for and some.

I was short of time when I bought mine. The salesman brought a demonstrator to my workplace so I could test drive during my lunch break...............