Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Obd/obd2 Diagnostics (Elm327 Scanners)

Paulman

Gday all..... I am just hoping that someone out there has some knowledge of the ELM327 obd scanner..... Most of you out there would have an obd/obd2 (on board diagnostic) port under your dash (have a look, its obvious, right in front of your face!). But for the rest of us, we have just the standard diagnostic port under the hood of our vehicle. (you know the one where you bridge the pins and count the flashes to get the error code to find out why your engine light is on!)

Anyway, I have a 2001 Hiace SBV, it doesnt have an obd port, but i bought online an 'obd to Toyota 17 pin' diagnostic link adaptor so i can connect my ELM327.

I have used my ELM327 on my brothers 2006 Hiace, his has an obd port under the dash, and oh my god its awesome, i use it with the program 'Scanmaster', and everything to do with the vehicles efi system is right there on my pc screen.

Butttt.. when i try to use this adaptor i bought for the standard diag link on my 2001 hiace, the ELM327 wont even turn on.

(Sorry, getting to the point!......)

I would be really grateful to hear from someone out there who has successfully used an ELM (or any obd scanner) on a Toyota that doesnt have OBD under the dash.

And if so, did you use a 17 pin or 21 pin adaptor?

PLEASE HELP! THANKYOU!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links