Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Exhaust

SR180BOB

Hi all, I was just wondering if the sr180 exhaust is stainless steel from standard because mine looks like shiny, the back box isn't but from there back it looks not like steel. Is it worth getting a stainless one and how much would it cost.

Thanks guys

I hate the exhaust on mine, it looks awful on a car that is otherwise modestly sporty.

Not sure what is available for it though.

try miltek they make exhausts for just bout everything i used to have one on my old fiesta ST and it was a gd exhaust gd power gains and not too loud but not too quiet

Custom-made is the way to go. Once my backbox is on it's way out (it's already rusty), then I'll get a custom sportier looking effort made. MIJ in Wallsall do a good job.

What is it with Toyota and rusty exhausts. mine looks terrible but passed mot ok.

Saw one post on here where a owner finds rust on his garage floor each time he moved the car. mines not that bad though.

Dont Toyota apply some sort of durable coating like zinc etc.

Custom-made is the way to go. Once my backbox is on it's way out (it's already rusty), then I'll get a custom sportier looking effort made. MIJ in Wallsall do a good job.

I think I will do the same, once the back box goes I will invest in a custom job

Cheers guys

Same here, although I don't plan to wait for failure of the standard back box.

The hardest part is picking a tailpipe that suits it, and deciding whether to cut into the bumper, or go below it.

I had a good think about the tailpipe & initially wanted a twin pipe outlet. Then I thought about all the extra weight I'd be carrying around & decided I'll probably do away with the backbox completely. It makes no difference to the noise of the exhaust anyway (as testified by a few on here), so I just need to come up with a lightweight single pipe outlet. Current thinking is maybe a 2.5" diameter tip.

Either that or I'll go the whole hog & have a stainless steel cat-back made - already been quoted at £350 in Aberdeen :)

• 1 month later...

I'm the same, got a price of £220 from guy in Elgin for a back box only. Like you, thought about a twin exit to mimic tte exhaust (not oval though - look bad if they even move a little out of angle), going to go for a single 2.75" round rolled in. Nothing too dramatic but will let the person behind know it's warm hatch. Will need to get it booked in now towbar is on.

I like your idea, but wouldn't be happy paying £220 just for a backbox .......

True, I think he was going to use pipe as far back as one length could go as I dont even recall seeing a mid box either but could be wrong. I've used him before on a few of my cars now including my old Rav.

• 11 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links