Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Issue With Traction Control

Liftmeup

hi all,

When I start my T-sport form cold and the traction control is on, I go to pull away and the revs desperately try to drop to zero revs, stoping me from pulling away, unless I give higher revs than normal and riding the cluch! Smelly!

I had to adjust the clutch pedal as this plate is knocking on heavens door, but turn the traction contol off and pulling away cold is fine???

couple of other things to note is, I started to get a static shock from my drivers door after every trip, then the alarm started going mental, I removed the rear interior alarm siren to find a burnt IC, left it of and this fixed the shock problem too?

I have started to notice the return of the static, could this mean another electrical issue, maybe with the TRC? I'm sure the TRC is cause of excessive cluth wear???

Any help welcome :-)

Adam

P.S anyone know where i can get a vvtl-i workshop manual?

Very odd thing you have going on there, somethings obviously not earthed there and in contact with your exterior panels, I've been on snow with TRC on and it sounds like the trc as it does power down the wheels when slipping but usually the TRC light is on when it cuts in.

Doubt your traction control would damage your clutch, im sure the toyota system brakes the slipping wheel and i assume it has some electronic engine managment in there to reduce fuel input or something. So long as your not riding the clutch when your doing it of cause.

Nearest thing i know to a vvtli manual on the net is this one : http://2zzge.com/lib...epair%20Manual/ , Same engine as ours .

I'm not too great with electrics so good luck!

Hi FoxX,

I think your right, I dont think it is the TRC as its now started doing the same with the TRC off! Dont recall seeing the trc light on when it happens, and feelling the biting point reducing with every drive. am also experiancing a bit of kangaroo jumping, will clean the mass air flow meter.

thanks for the link will go check that next and order me a clutch, maybe the Fensport kit? Looks the best quality and price.

Great manual. dont think it will be to difficult to change with this, although a ramp would be preferred :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links