Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modification On 20v 4age

mrrxi

hi

I OWN A 20 VALVE 4AGE TOYOTA COROLLA LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND

EVERYONE TELLS ME HERE THAT WE CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THIS MOTOR. I HAVE GASFLOW THE CAR AND PUT IN A FEUL REGULATOR,

PUT IN A FREE FLOW EXHAUST AND CHAGE THE EXHAUST SENSOR SO I CAN RUN

LEADED PETROL.

I GONE FROM 76KW ON THE WHEELS TO 97 KW ON THE WHEELS.

IS THERE SOME HOW I COULD CHANGE ITS REV LIMITER FROM 8000 RPM

TO 9000 RPM THIS COMPUTER BOXES ARE SEALED UNITS CANNOT MODIFY THEM.

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP ME TO GET MORE PERFORMANCE OUT OF THIS MOTOR WITH OUT USING TURBO.

THANk YOU

JOE LALA

EMAIL:- DOCAGO@MWEB.CO.ZA or jlala@fnb.co.za

• 3 weeks later...

well....u can lighten the flywheel....change to an air fuel meter from eitherthe supra 3.0 n/a , Camry V6 or an MR2....shave the head to raise the compression...bigger exhaust pipe..an intake cam from the blacktop engine...

( those are all cheap mods)

• 3 weeks later...

hmmmm interesting.....what about an apexi afc though? I find mine runs very rich all the time :)....handy for escaping in a cloud of black smoke though!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

removal of rev cut or setting rev cut to a higher limit is done on the ECU by adding another chip into the ECU .. it has to be done by a person who knows what they are doing .. hehehehe .. otherwise bye bye ECU !! :D

i have seen a silvertop 20valve having a rev cut of 10,000RPM ... dunno how much power is being pumped out though .. but i suspect not much more than stock at 7000rpm ... after that is should be downhill all the way to 10,000RPM .. hehehe ... why ????????

by modding/adding the chip in the ECU ... the entire fuel MAP goes haywire .. it is just a matter of how much off is the fuel mapping ... dunno about ignition though .. i am sure everyone who does modding here knows the importance of ignition timing and fuel map is to POWER ... hehehe ... so in order to overcome this .. some sort of piggy back ECU with ignition and fuel mapping ability is required .. ;)

if u can afford it ... just change the whole ECU to a standalone unit .. cost $$$ is a problem here .. hehehe .. but a standalone offers a new perspective of what the 20v can do ...

u can upgrade to higher duration camshafts .. lighten and balance your internals .. higher compression .. port and polish .. etc etc ...

with enough $$$ on hand .. u can imagine 200hp at the wheels .. :eek: .. someones already done a 200hp or more at the wheels .. hehehehe .. mega $$$ ... :lol: