Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying This....

rambler

Looks great Jamie. Wasss it do to the gallon?

http://www.honestjoh...ilux-surf-1984/

Real world MPG if driven with care 21 to 25... Not bad for such a big beast...

Just worked out the multiquote stuff......lol

Well ive been looking for one of these for about two years now,they always seem so clean....,tidy,...and this one is local .....just 5 miles from me....great!

I cant understand why oh why they always look so so clean,body looks lovely ( to my eyes )...for an N reg....why is it 2003 though ? ? ..any ideas folks.

Pictures show it as an "N" plate .. Honest John site says built until 1995 so it must be a misprint ??

A mate had one but the estate car version.. He only did short trips and got 15 MPG from it but the short trips meant it didnt bother Him he loved it and had it for about four year until the gearbox went at which point it was scrapped due to cost..

http://www.honestjoh...ilux-surf-1984/

Real world MPG if driven with care 21 to 25... Not bad for such a big beast...

Just worked out the multiquote stuff......lol

Well ive been looking for one of these for about two years now,they always seem so clean....,tidy,...and this one is local .....just 5 miles from me....great!

I cant understand why oh why they always look so so clean,body looks lovely ( to my eyes )...for an N reg....why is it 2003 though ? ? ..any ideas folks.

Grey import? Personal plate? Mistaken ad copy? i'm sure dealer will know.

No matter, these are really nice cars. Good luck with it.

Looks good Jamie - If it is only a fraction as tough as the version that Clarkson et al tried to break you should have a brilliant off-roader. I had a colleague with a manual version that was slightly older than this one and he got 30-35mpg on a reasonable run. He was by no means "soft footed" either!

I looked at Surfs before getting my previous car 2yrs ago, built well but just far too expensive to run for me (especially the 3.0 Auto!) and at the time I did about 4k miles per year.

Its a lot of car for the money, especially if you need the size. Great if you're handy with a spanner to keep servicing down, as I'd be doing intermittent oil changes on this personally.

Good luck if you do go for it!

I almost bought one of these when I was looking for an older 4x4 for winter use. If you are serious about buying this I would drop a PM

to a member on here called Karma Supra (Charlie).He is the resident TOC expert on this model, you can usually find him on the general

forum, though not been on much of late.

We have a lot of these on the Island, mainly used by the Farming community. We used to have a "grey" Japanese dealer on island and he brought loads across. Am I right in believing they are an Hilux with a refined body. I do know Toyota Uk did sell them years ago as a Four-runner, but that lasted only a couple of years. They are now mostly made for the USA market and SE Asia market.

Love the rugged look but 120000 miles would put me off buying.

Regards Clare

As far as Iknow they`re all imports Jamie so the insurance may be a bit iffy.

Have a look around the Surf forum, see you there ;)

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/index.php

Wouldn't have thought insurance would be an issue as there's thousands of these over here (all imported)

I did read that much of the running gear, parts etc are shared with the older Land Cruisers rather than the pickups.

Dave

We have a lot of these on the Island, mainly used by the Farming community. We used to have a "grey" Japanese dealer on island and he brought loads across. Am I right in believing they are an Hilux with a refined body. I do know Toyota Uk did sell them years ago as a Four-runner, but that lasted only a couple of years. They are now mostly made for the USA market and SE Asia market.

Regards Clare

At 120K it's just about run in. These things run forever, like LC's & HiLux's.

Regards Clare

To be honest folks,i also think at 120'000 its just about run in,i am a bit heavy footed on main roads lol.

But off road.....slow and gentle,.

I'm curious though.......how it these jap vehicles look so so clean for their age ?...i mean...this is an N reg....almost 15 years old ?

Regards Clare

To be honest folks,i also think at 120'000 its just about run in,i am a bit heavy footed on main roads lol.

But off road.....slow and gentle,.

I'm curious though.......how it these jap vehicles look so so clean for their age ?...i mean...this is an N reg....almost 15 years old ?

It's probably been in a "better" climate most it's life!

Dave

Just rang dealer,before i left to view it......sold.

Apparently....an "exporter" from clacton,put a £200 deposit on it.....without even looking at it ! ! !.

:( :( :(.....blimey ,they move fast.

sorry to hear that m8,

hot hatch or what.

Apparently....an "exporter" from clacton,put a £200 deposit on it.....without even looking at it ! ! !.

Too bad. Not surprising though as they're very popular.

Plenty more around I'm sure. Hard to swallow that mpg though. My diesel LR does an easy 29mpg average without trying and that weighs 2 tons!

I'm sure you'd have a lot more reliability with a Toyota though! So maybe that'd pay for itself?!

Dave

(thinking about it, I'd prob be happy with 22/25 mpg if that's all I had to pay on top of service costs!)

Yes.......i can see they are very popular indeed,i rarely see them for sale in my part of the world.

It was just that this one was sooooo close,a 5 min drive away,and so so clean.Still keep an eye out for another on usual sites.

And above all.....good things come to those who wait :)

Just need to be even more patient.

I like the new Hilux with crew cab some really nice second hand ones on the Toyota used search at the moment with full leather. If they had a front bench seat I'd consider it.

I like the new Hilux with crew cab some really nice second hand ones on the Toyota used search at the moment with full leather. If they had a front bench seat I'd consider it.

Yes i like the new hilux twincab,but way way too pricey for my pocket,also like the new ford ranger.

But we both know which would go on forever ( and it wouldnt be the ford !)

You seen what they have in the US the Tundra 5.7L V8 petrol, the crew max is a beast with a 4500kg+ towing capacity #drooollll alert!#

Yes i like the new hilux twincab,but way way too pricey for my pocket,also like the new ford ranger.

But we both know which would go on forever ( and it wouldnt be the ford !)

If it's like the last Ford Ranger, don't think it's actually a Ford underneath?!!

Dave

You seen what they have in the US the Tundra 5.7L V8 petrol, the crew max is a beast with a 4500kg+ towing capacity #drooollll alert!#

Yes...just looked at google "images " for pics of it.......ooooo luuuuuvly.my kinda motor.

If only toyota made the rav4 more like that....would jump at it.

Ive always wondered how you import vehicles into this country ( Britain ) ?