Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Problem

jonjosar

The factory fit Toyota 58827 unit in the Rav is starting to play up. The "6" "5" and "4" station buttons have stopped working on the dash unit. The unit will still change to the presets already on these buttons by using the remote on the steering wheel but nothing responds when i press the buttons on the dash unit.

Has anyone came across this before or know how to fix it. The menu button is also not responding.

Cheers

Not heard of it but if you need a replacement there are loads of double din units that are better value.

.....and a fix sold on eBay by a Scottish reputable car hi-fi company near Falkirk, but not cheap. Sounds like your central processor is shutting down, and a common fault which happened on wife's 58812 unit in her wee Rav.

Maple Syrup Kev.....the Mozzy's best pal......

Don't forget to take a anti histy meen every day big boy.

I'll buy you some more beers for your fridge before I go.

Green boy.

I've often wondered if the standard head unit in my 4.2 could be easily changed for something better (and preferably with an input for my ipod). Is it a simple case of unplugging and replugging or is there an adaptor for the wiring harness?

What headunits do you chaps have other than the standard fit unit?

Cheers Anchorman. Am i correct in saying that there are other units out there that will replace the standard unit?

It seems an integral part of the dash and is controlled from the steering wheel. The car is a 4.3 2006 XT4.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links