Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Explain Uk Tail Lights...

surfcitylocal

I've noticed that your tail lights are different in the UK than here in the States. Ours are rather straight forward, brake, signal and reverse. Both sides have the same color and function. Yours appear to be different. Can you explain how they work? I'm considering changing mine out for the UK version, they look much cooler than ours.

How the Scion tail lights look...

DSCN0072.jpg

I much prefer the look of the Rear Light clusters you have fitted

What we have in the UK is for driving on the left hand side of the road.

(so we can draw a sword or attack you with a lance, when we were riding horses, or where we/you sit when driving horses in a covered wagon)

Tail lights to the rear which come on with the front Side Lights/Head lights & the Rear Registration Plate light.

This is also the Brake light that comes on.

The Side/Tail light stays lit but the LIght becomes brighter when braking & the high level brake light illuminates.

(High level single brake light.)

Indicators/Hazard warning, Amber.

Reversing Light or lights 'White' (only one light is required in law here)

Fog Light to the rear, which is only required at the outside (drivers side in the UK)

You do get 2 Fog lights fitten on many cars.

Should only come on when on Side light or Dipped full beam at the front, not when in Full Beam Headlights.

'Rant' TOO OFTEN USED IN THE Uk WHEN NOT FOGGY or poor visability (raining lightly)OR LEFT ON, EVEN WHEN CARS ARE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

http://www.direct.go...ycode/dg_070302

Maybe worth getting Light Clusters from a Mainland European country where they drive on the same side as the US,

to have the Fog Light on your drivers side of the car.

george

eg, UK model from 2008/9

Here the single white reversing light is to the left, & the single Fog light to the right.

post-104736-0-54675200-1344061777_thumb.

Thanks George. Much more complicated than what we have.

Nice to know you guys are set just in case you ever have to battle with a lance. =)

I'm surprised fog lights aren't required in America, must not get foggy there much.

It's not a nation or state wide thing here. We get fog but most areas don't get it bad on a regular basis.

I have the same rear light arrangement as the brits (but the other way around of course, since we drive on the right side of the road).

7657265000_cd1b604cbe_b.jpg

Clean IQ by afeman, on Flickr

I think the reason for fog light on only one side is that it should not be mistaken for a break light.

would anyone like to sell me their iQ tail light with that rear fog in it? :)

if not their own then if they could source one

im located in Hawaii and would be happy to pay whatever fees + ship some goodies from Hawaii

let me know

thanks

I have the same rear light arrangement as the brits (but the other way around of course, since we drive on the right side of the road).

7657265000_cd1b604cbe_b.jpg

Clean IQ by afeman, on Flickr

I think the reason for fog light on only one side is that it should not be mistaken for a break light.

That might be more what I would want for here in the states.

• 3 months later...

would anyone like to sell me their iQ tail light with that rear fog in it? smile.png

if not their own then if they could source one

im located in Hawaii and would be happy to pay whatever fees + ship some goodies from Hawaii

let me know

thanks

bump

http://www.ebay.co.u...light &_sacat=0 ?

I'm sure that some will ship to Hawai if you are paying the cost.

btw you could get 2 light clusters with the double clear sections (i.e. a lhd & rhd reverse which imo would look more balanced) but simply fit a red 21w (or equiv. LED) bulb to provide the fog light.

• 3 weeks later...

Im going to be on the look out for a silver bulb like the indicator ones i have that shine amber but that shine red. Then may go for the balanced look

David

• 3 weeks later...

Operates via a rotary switch on the left hand stalk (indicators and lights in the UK)

:-)

So if i were to try and get them functioning in the US i would have to find a switch?

Any chance you could take a picture of it for me? :)

You really only need to fit a nice switch someplace with a light to show/remind you it is on.

Changing the stalk seems a bit much.

The rear Fog Light should only come on when the headlights are at Dip not Full beam.

george