Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Its Not A Car, Its A Prius! Leaning Curve..

Kitty54

Hi am a first time owner of a Prius T sprite! It is wonderful, but its like getting an iPhone after only using a basic hand set!! So much to learn, and under the bonnet is a different world..... I was wondering if anyone would know the answer to this question? I just got the Prius serviced, its 2 yrs old, and noticed smoke coming out from under the bonnet, not good even I know that. It was a very hot day, but then I put the air conditioning on when I went into a shop the car was so full of fumes that my son and I felt sick.

When we got home we looked under the bonnet to find that after the service they had omitted to replace the the oil filler cap!!

I hope that this has not caused any damage, it was driven about 25 miles like that. The Toyota dealer has asked me to bring it back, but I was wondering if I should expect damage to the engine, even if not now but later?

Kitty

Hello and welcome to the TOC, maybe worth checking how much oil was left in the cars engine ?

Welcome to the club Kitty. whatever the outcome its the dealers responsibility.

just check there is enough oil in the engine to get it back to your dealer.

i may pay you to contact Toyota and inform them whats happend.

Try posting on the Prius forum. about this.

Topic moved to Hybrid/Prius forum

Not a very clever mechanic. Basic errors such as this just shouldnt happen. Any chance of a reduced servicing bill due to reduced level of service? A bit cheaky asking you to bring the car back, its their mistake, why dont they collect it and quit wasting your time by omitting to finish the job properly?

Definitely have the cars engine checked by Toyota Dealer. As suggested check the oil level before driving the car, The dealer is responsible for any damage to your car's engine. This type of servicing error should not happen but the same thing happened to me some years ago afrter a Volvo I then owned was serviced. I check things over now after a service. At my last Prius service I found the tyre pressures were all up 7 PSI.