Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tunit Results

pikey009

How come the graph doesnt have Reg No or Model, Data or Time etc etc?

Its amazing how the solid lines look exactly like Mr T's claims and the other lines show what the box maker claims it could do......

Is that recorded off your car Pikey or just a sample image?

Yeh as youve said uncle buck the figures are bhp, i think it's the easiest way to show the gains as most manufacturers state their standard figures in bhp rather than whp.

I turned the box up to 7 today and it definatly got even quicker but not too keen on running that setting for too long as the mpg has gone back down.

Cabcurtains: This always makes me laugh with tuning. The only reason I really did the whole rollers thing was to prove the results because If you tell someone your car feels much quicker, smoother and and nicer to drive the first thing they ask it what's the power and torque difference.

The graph is of my car, Im not too bothered about having the reg etc on there and didn't even notice it to be honest as I was stood next to the car as it was done so that was good enough for me. If you Google redline Magazine auris there is a full rite up on their sprint series auris being rolling roaded at Tunit and this is the feature that sold it for me.

I'm not really fussed about headline figures, for me it's how the car drives and feels. I spent over 12k on my gt4 and never had it rolling roaded as I just didn't really care because it felt so quick and the fact it could have any unristeicted 600cc bike I put it up against amongst countless expensive cars I was just happy with that. I just got the rolling road because I knew people would want to see figures on here.

And also, if you're spending that amount of money on a tuning product you want it to deliver around the figures it claims it can do so whats wrong with it atchieving what it says it can do? My car was quite good with the standard power levels but some others they've done wernt as good and some were better. You can believe it or don't believe it it's up to you I'm just simply posting up my experience with them. If they were **** I'd say they were **** as I wouldn't want people getting ripped off.

I've been running 2 TUNIT boxes on my cars (Avensis T-180, VW Polo TDi) for well over a year now! and they really make a big difference to both the mpg and bhp... Both my boxes I bought off eBay for less than £150 each! both having at least 2 years manufactures warranty remaining...

I'm still waiting for my Compensation cheque to arrive, then my car will be getting new tyres, new brakes (not breaks!), a full service and a tunit.

Any day now....

Slightly off-topic here - but just to answer Pikey's request ; after a 40k service (where the rear brakes were stripped & cleaned + a brake fluid change), there doesn't seem to be any difference in pedal feel or absolute stopping power. They still work fine which is the important thing, but I thought there might be a bit more positive 'feel' at the pedal. Methinks that an HEL or Goodridge metal braided hose kit might be a nice upgrade when the discs need replaced ........ It worked well on my last 2 cars, so I don't see why it wouldn't on the Auris :)

I find the brakes on mine to be fairly good, but i'm convinced that rears have a serious sticking issue, which is why i'll be upgrading them in the hope that better materials will prevent the stick and increase the wear and fuel consumption.

They need replacing anyway, so I might as well use something better.

Hmm, I think I'll be upgrading too then, maybe to a better compound pad. The auris brakes are a little poo aren't they, not much positive feedback at all. Thanks for the replies guys

wow that dyno graph looks so fake!

is it a graph tunit just printed out just to make you happy?

you say you maxed out 205bhp but on the graph it only shows 195 max bhp at 2500 rpm.

but if youre happy with the product good for you. but remember 25+ bhp extra by just changing the voltage signal to the fuel sensor is a bit far fetched.

Hmm, I think I'll be upgrading too then, maybe to a better compound pad. The auris brakes are a little poo aren't they, not much positive feedback at all. Thanks for the replies guys

I was thinking of a set of Mtec grooved/slotted rear discs with a set of Mintex pads - worked brilliantly with an HEL braided hose kit upgrade on my Nissan :) Not expensive either ! The pedal feel was vastly improved with a much more positive & stronger response. Hopefully that will hapen again when I change them over in a few months time. Might be done best just before the MOT.