Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq Stereo System

orion83uk

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum today. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Toyota iQ2. Took one for a 2 hour test drive on Friday over a series of different roads (motorways, a-roads, country roads, hilly roads etc etc), and was really impressed.

Just got one, rather random, question which is bugging me regarding the stereo system.

I know it is MP3 compatible i.e. I can burn a data CD full of MP3s (which I do in my other cars all the time). If I make an MP3 CD with all my music sorted into folders, how do you skip through the folders on the iQs stereo? I couldn't figure it out (and I know there are not a lot of buttons to choose from LOL).

Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, Welcome to the forum. :)

Unfortunately the iQ with the standard built in stereo doesn't have the ability to display the folder names so when I record a CD full of Mp3 files I just stick them in folders with the title of the album, Don't worry about doing a folder for the artist then another folder in that for the album.

When you play the disc it simply seems to play the first folder (or album) then follows onto the next one probably in alphabetical order. Pressing the steering wheel joystick to the right once skips a track and pressing and holding it to the right for a few second skips onto the next folder (or album)

If you get an iQ with the optional satnav system it may well have the ability to display the folder names but I haven't had a chance to try one.

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for the welcome and your prompt response. Thank you for the information.

Best regards

Stuart

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links