Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Built-In Navigation Systems For New Auris

oli_ro

Hi,

Have a 6 months old Auris(the Edition model) and wished I went for the integrated navigation system. What are my choices if I wanted to go with a Toyota fitted integrated navigation systems ? The toyota uk website doesn't advertise any navigation systems, but on the irish one I can see 3 models: 2 toyota and 1 tom-tom(tns 350/510/410).

Did anyone do something similar ? Do you know approximate uk pricing ?

Thanks.

I asked about this when buying mine second hand from Toyota, they told me that they'd want over £600 for one plus fitting! There are plenty of in car entertainment companies out there so I'd probably just ask them. The only problem with that though is the neatness of instillation.

Sorry forgot to add that that price was for the base model but I didn't ask for info on the differences between models as it was way out I my price range

Thanks for the reply. Spoke with a sales rep from Toyota today, wasn't given a price but he explained that will cost quite a bit due to the labour costs as you mentioned. Would have been much cheaper to have it factory installed.

Something to keep in mind when I upgrade the car, I guess.

A proclip or something similar will have to do for now. Does anyone where I can buy an Auris specific proclip mount for tomtom ?

A proclip or something similar will have to do for now. Does anyone where I can buy an Auris specific proclip mount for tomtom ?

You can get the proclip parts on Amazon. You need the Auris clip and then the TomTom bit, or a universal mount, to screw onto it.

However, you may want to check out http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=136458 for what I think is a better solution than the Proclip, as the wires can be routed out of the way more easily and it's a better place to see the screen. I copied the idea using a Herbert Richter mount for my phone which performs satnav duties.

If that doesn't appeal and you still want a ProClip, I've got an unused Auris one going spare because I ordered it before seeing that thread. You'd be welcome to have it for nothing if you don't mind collecting it (from West Suffolk or North Essex). PM me if you want.

Thanks a lot, I like the long reach idea. I will go for that.