Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Got Any Pics Of D4D Fuel Filter Replacement On An 03 Previa

geoff@tnrradio

Hi

My 03 Previa has a cutting out problem , I think it could be the fuel filter , I'd like to replace it myself as it's getting pricey at garages , I've searched for a workshop manual such as haynes but no one does one for the new shape Previa ( typical ) , I read one topic on here but I like to see pics as well so I know what I'm looking for so If anyone has any or any info where I can get a workshop manual from , I'd be most grateful :D

• 1 month later...

Tonight I've taken my car off the road , decided it's too dangerous to drive , the engine cut out on a bend so I lost the power steering , narrowly avoiding a collision with a parked car , from what I've read going to toyota to have a diagnostic check is a waste of time and the almost 50 quid last time I had one done .

Going to take it to a garage next week see if they can get to the bottom of the problem , it'll be fine for a few days then it starts acting up again but tonight it was far worse, it was cutting out as soon as it was started again , there;s 1/4 tank of fuel , when it cuts , you don;t have to turn the key to the off , you just turn it to start and it fires back up , It just dies then a bit later it was chugging as if it was running out of fuel ,so I think get fuel filter changed then go from there .

Think i'll buy a ford next time at least you won;t get an extra couple of hundred slammed on any repair bills for the make of car

• 4 months later...

It sounds like the MAF ( mass ait flow sensor) to me. Not a mechanic but had poor performance and a lot of smoke from mine occassionaly until i changed the MAF sensor, all OK now.

Fuel filter is located to the right of the engine just by the air filter. It is really hard to turn it to release I think it was anti clock wise and there are to pipes which you need to disconnet first. Once you done it once it is easy but doing it first time is hard.

eBay is cheap I had mine from there or try GSF. It was a pain trying to put the pipes back in to the fuel filter but llike I said once you do it once it will be easy next time. Think I paid £5 for the fule filter