Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Ordered But Still No Delivery Date

NoIQ

I would hope they are still available, if I can't find a suitable newish "old" IQ3 I'd option them on a new one if i go down that route.

Although I'd guess that as "dealer options" they would only get a limited warranty rather than the 3 year paint warranty on factory work (even if it was just a dealer doing it as the car lands)

re

Toyota 'Paint/Corrosion/Perforation Warranty'

It is surely not only for 3 years!

Toyota like to make out the stickers/decals not Fitted by their dealers would void a Warranty.

I would like to see them getting away with rejecting corrosion or paint defects not related to the addition of something in an area non related to the Paint or Corrosion defect.

The 'Customising, appearance Parts' being added, are Plastic & Painted, so corrosion should not be a problem!

If the finish of them was to prove faulty & would be contacting the supplier on that.

george

When I went into the local Toyota dealer last week and asked about delivery times I was told the following.

Toyota have 8 ships that circle the planet constantly. They dock at various ports either loading Toyotas made in that country or dropping some off. If you want a car of a certain spec and it's located on one of these ships you have to wait for it to arrive on it's next scheduled stop. If you have missed it then you have to wait for it to come round again.

It sounds a bit odd. Can anyone confirm there is any truth in this? This is apparently why delivery dates can be really quick to several months.

No not quite as simplistic as that

Toyota GB will have an idea of what mix and colour stock they want for the whole year, this is then "ordered" in a phased manner, so they know exactly what is coming and when. The difficulty arrives when you order a colour that has become very popular. Toyota can modify these orders, and swap say a red for a white in production, but it takes around 12 weeks to get here from Japan (approx, allowing for build, customs, etc)

Other difficulties arise around "factory fit options" most factory fit stuff can often be retro fitted at the import centre by Toyota, leather on some models for example

Of course these difficulties are often overcome easily if the car is being built in the UK or Europe, its only when it comes from Japan that it can take longer. There are also logistical problems, ships hit bad weather, break down, or heaven forbid, remember one of the Toyota ships sinking?

Your poor old dealer will only get the info being given by Toyota, it is usually very accurate, but sometimes, you just cannot get updated information, for a variety of reasons as mentioned above

Kingo :thumbsup:

re

Toyota 'Paint/Corrosion/Perforation Warranty'

It is surely not only for 3 years!

My probably now slightly out of date brochure has "paint" at only 3 years and "corrosion" at 12 years

My first car with keyless entry is the iQ and I have to say the idea of using a key now to open the door and put it in an ignition lock to start it is laughable! I love the keyless ignition and wouldn't be without it now.

Craig.

you obviously haven't been reading the recent articles about a major increase of car thefts on cars fitted with keyless ignition - they smash a window, connect to the vehicles dataport & cancel the alarm in under 15 seconds, reprogram it to accept their commands & drive off in under 2 minutes ...

Luckily it's high value cars (BMWs etc.) that have been largely been targeted so far but also the insurance companies apparently are dragging their heels at paying out.

Never realised how easy it is to nick keyless entry vehicle... not that I'm bothered, too used to the ways of keys and too poor to up mine to an iQ2, so I'm 'safer' then?

Not that thieves are actively targetting a £10K 1.0l Japanese... compared to other tastier variety parked around my area.

The Car Security Industry do like to stoke people fears and encourage Urban Myths,

its what keeps them in Business.

Making cars Secure is pretty easy, but then it costs, or damage can be greater on vehicles the more secure you make them.

The Car Security Industry will be out of Business if Cars/vehicles were built properly to stop them from having ways of being stolen & then started straight from the factory.

There has been a member on here that has had a Broken Door Window, not very common on an iQ tho,

and i expect the amount of replacement side glass for iQ's in the UK is very low..

Smashing a iQ side window will make some mess, & then buying a replacement will probably have the boys in blue at your door. (if they bothered to Investigate, which they very seldom do these days, even when you actually tell them who stole something.)

I really would like to see someone bother to smash a window on a modern car,

(on an iQ that would need to be the Door window, unlikely to be a Windscreen or rear hatch)

climb into broken glass, plug in within 15 seconds and start a car & off in 2 minutes.

It takes me about that long to get in and start my own cars with the proper keys.

Without giving away any secrets, since people who rob from cars or steal cars know it all anyway.

The window does actually force down without breaking the glass, (easier if left a little ajar)

& scroats these days wanting to steal from a car, just pry the top edge of the door & bend the corner open.

If your car is going to be targeted and they are not coming into your house to steal your keys,

they will probably arrive with a Hi-lift lorry, pop it on the back and take it away to enter and start at their leisure. Undamaged..

Or as the Car Security people sometimes show you,

as you park and lock the car, (or think you do), they are near and block the signal and then enter the car as you leave it and walk away.

george

Just used the "deletion of the iSports package" as an excuse to buy myself the lower bumper skirt. Don't want them to stop making it before I buy one! :)

Craig.

Just used the "deletion of the iSports package" as an excuse to buy myself the lower bumper skirt. Don't want them to stop making it before I buy one! :)

Craig.

That is what I was thinking.

I have a (self fitted) skirt and matching exhaust finisher, but exhaust parts tend to disintegrate eventually and if they are no longer available as separate items then I will have to make something up to replace it.

It is a strange design to match!

Hopefully that won't be for some time though.

John

I do have the exhaust finisher already waiting to go on the car, Found one brand new on eBay and the right one for the iQ3 so that was lucky, got it for £30 :)

Hopefully they will keep the parts available but just make them a dealer fit optional extra. Maybe they are trying to standardise what comes out the factory and leave it for the regional dealers to attach the extras once they are delivered?

Craig.

After waiting for 5 months, my new IQ4 is being delivered to my dealer on 29th August! They've let me pick my registration plate - from a list of about 20 - and thankfully it's a 62 plate :D Happy happy happy!

Excellent news, Post some pictures once you get it. :)

iQ4? Did I miss something, I thought there was only an iQ, iQ2 and an iQ3?

Craig.

Excellent news, Post some pictures once you get it. :)

iQ4? Did I miss something, I thought there was only an iQ, iQ2 and an iQ3?

Craig.

Yes, it does seem strange that the deletion of stop/start and the plum interior has caused the need for the new model number "IQ4".

Maybe there are bigger changes that we don't know about.

I suppose it may have the DRLs as standard, as it is a "new" model?!

John

Just checked the official Toyota UK website and only the 1,2 and 3 are listed as being available for order.

Strange.

Maybe its a sort of unofficial internal number change so they know what they are dealing with, old spec vs new spec.

Just checked the official Toyota UK website and only the 1,2 and 3 are listed as being available for order.

Strange.

Maybe its a sort of unofficial internal number change so they know what they are dealing with, old spec vs new spec.

Could well be, the updated price list (Aug 2012) I have doesn't show an IQ4.

Slightly odd my local Toyota dealers own website still shows the ability to order Island Blue with Chrome mirrors and "start / stop". They either know they can still get hold of some, or are a bit behind in updating..

Looking forward to seeing just what the iQ4 has and has not.

I am expecting 'TPMS' (tyre pressure monitoring system) to be a standard fitment.

george

I will let you know as soon as poss! I managed to get 0% APR as on the new 'IQ4' as a consolation for having to wait so long. I couldn't find any info on the 'IQ4' either so it probably is just so that they know what version they are dealing with. I'm going to sign everything and sort out drive-away insurance on Wednesday night and collect it next weekend hopefully! Can't believe my current one is 3 year old already. Did my 25000th mile today!

• 2 weeks later...

Has it landed yet?? what exactly are the differences??? any body mods ect???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links