Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

85Mpg Over 250 Miles

HoneyBear1980

I see mid-50s on motorway runs. 58 plate D4D Verso SR. Never tried actually measuring it, though, so the trip computer may be lying. But it's more or less in line with the manufacturer's claim for extra-urban and I generally get the official figure from most cars I drive. I must be the stereotypical average driver.

Nor do I! All I will say is I hit the cruise control at 70 and stuck to it for most of the motorway run. Boring legal stuff I know but it worked.

Like I said before, the vehicle was services a little while ago so it may have taken affect on the mpg.

Still a figure most of us will struggle to match. Mine is serviced by a Toyota dealer & regularly gets enough heat in the engine to avoid significant clogging. But there are no motorways up here at all, so that makes a huge difference to attaining high MPG.

I might have the EGR cleaned out at the next service, it could just gain a little ......

I took a picture of the mpg on the odo but don't know how to post it on here.

The car doesn't get much motorway work and normally does the local school run but today instead of catching a coach to work I took the car purely to give it a run as the engine light as well as the vsc and trc light came on at the same time! I've just filled up with that expensive Shell diesel stuff to help cleans the system. I'm not sure about cleaning the erg valve because surely the rest of the system would need cleaning too?? That's why I think a cleaning agent may be better as it gets to all the parts of the fuel system. I posted another issue about the warning lights coming on today. The method I found on the internet to cure it was strange but it worked! Don't ask me how, but it worked!

The V-Power or additives like the bgr wotsits will help keep the fuel system clean; For the ultimate clean, there's biodiesel (But you'll need to replace the fuel filter after that one tank :lol:).

However, they do sweet FA for the air and exhaust system. Maybe they will reduce the rate of soot build-up, but they won't stop it completely :(

• 7 months later...

Hi, I was in Germany the other year and we averaged a constant 62mpg at 62mph (on cruise control) for about 6 hours - not achievable in the UK due to lorries etc..!! We were fully loaded: 5 in car, boot full. We were running winter tyres and I thought this was a very good consumption. Usually we average 400-450 miles a tank. Mixture of dual carriageway and urban driving. At 91K It also has a full Toyota service history from new. Now we have fitted side deflectors, to reduce drag so hopefully greater figures will be achieved.

I'm utterly astounded by MPG figures like that from this engine - mine will do 440 mls on a tank too, but that's at 44 MPG ! No motorways up here though, mostly A & B class roads.

Driving to the instantaneoud MPG computer, for the first 2 years of its life my 08 SR rdid a daily commute of 100 mixed motorway and side road rat run miles and returned a true 52 mpg tank to tank, whilst registering 60+ on the computer. No saintly driving, only a light right foot, sensible gear changes and 5th gear up to 50mph. I actually pocketed £100 per month over and above the company MPG / expenses allowance!!

No point in sprinting to the next hold up is there

Hi, I was in Germany the other year and we averaged a constant 62mpg at 62mph (on cruise control) for about 6 hours - not achievable in the UK due to lorries etc..!! We were fully loaded: 5 in car, boot full. We were running winter tyres and I thought this was a very good consumption. Usually we average 400-450 miles a tank. Mixture of dual carriageway and urban driving. At 91K It also has a full Toyota service history from new. Now we have fitted side deflectors, to reduce drag so hopefully greater figures will be achieved.

What are these Side Deflectors please?

Side deflectors are plastic window trim pieces that fit in the channel on the top edge of the window. (Similar to Toyota part number : PZ451-E8530-00)

Can be found using this link.

Wind deflectors TOYOTA Corolla Verso 2002-2004 4 pc set (Fits: Toyota Corolla Verso)

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links