Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav

Gav rav

Hi all

Does anyone know how to make the postcode search on the sat nav work?!

I dont think it has ever found a postcode!?

it is very easy, using a Tomtom or Garmin click navigate, enter postcode, follow directions.

Even the 2012 Toyota satnav does not have full postcode search, even if it sometimes tries to pretends it does - my home entered on the driveway guides me approx 3/4 mile away....

apologies it doesnt answer your question but I am sure someone will be along shortly.

Gus

Gav,

Mine seems to work fine only it doesn't do full postcode only partial up to the first digit in the second set of characters e.g. SE1 4

Then have to find the street name from within that area, can be a bit frustrating but I do a lot of travel and only very rarely had to rely on a proper map !

I am still trying to find a soft copy of an owners manual best I can do is 2 similar models ..

You need to use the city field to enter the partial postcode.

on my 2011 there is full post code

you need to navigate to the second page on your nav

Guys the latest Rav does have a full 7 digit postcode in the menu but it buried away and not easy to find.

Guys the latest Rav does have a full 7 digit postcode in the menu but it buried away and not easy to find.

when your satnav is on ,press navi, then destination. then at the very top of screen

where it says destination look to the right hand side of the screen you,ll see

1/2 touch 2 then you will see uk postal code...... sorted

Sorry Charlie it doesn't, it will accept 7 digits but will only navigate to the first five, that's why mine has a Tomtom sat next to it. I need 7 digits to get to addresses quickly when needed.

Gus

Sorry Charlie it doesn't, it will accept 7 digits but will only navigate to the first five, that's why mine has a Tomtom sat next to it. I need 7 digits to get to addresses quickly when needed.

Gus

didnt know ravs satnav could be so slective?

I find it easiest to type the full postcode into my phone to see what the street name is on google maps, then put it into the rav as it only takes the first 5 characters. Only takes 20 seconds longer. That's how I get around it if I only have a postcode to go off.

Thanks guys, i didnt think it was an easy solution!

Gus

Gus I am no expert !! My Nav which was the old type would allow only 4 digits I'm struggling to remember to be honest... Then I could enter the street name and then the number and it would take Me right to the door.. Never had to use Tom Tom ever..

The Nav in the XF is almost identical in its layout but allows the full code entry and again takes Me to within a few doors of an adress. Once again it will allow the door number to be selected if required.....

Either way the Nav units IN both cars perform brilliantly . Only thing I would add to the XF ( I dont use the Rav now) would be Safety camera warnings....