Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy Clutch?

Rupesh17

Hi Guys,

I think ive got a problem, just wondering what you guys think...Every time i push my clutch down it makes this rather squeeky noise, like when you rub 2 balloons together? This happens on my brothers Corolla T Sport as well, any ideas what this might be?

Maybe lack of lubricant?

Cheers Rupesh17

IIRC this is a semi-common problem on some Yarisusususes...

Can't remember the exact details - You'd be better off doing a search TBH - but from what I remember it's the pedal itself that's making the squeaking noise where it rubs against something in the footwell? Some grease in the right place should deal with it.

Hi Guys,

I think ive got a problem, just wondering what you guys think...Every time i push my clutch down it makes this rather squeeky noise, like when you rub 2 balloons together? This happens on my brothers Corolla T Sport as well, any ideas what this might be?

Maybe lack of lubricant?

Cheers Rupesh17

You need to isolate the source of the noise. If it is the brake pedal then as Cyker suggests grease it. If it is the clutch slave cylinder then the pushrod arm needs greasing. Rubber grease in the cylinder end, do not use any other type as it will react with the clutch fluid, and white grease where it contacts the clutch release arm.

Regards Geoff Peace.

if its a quiet noise it may be the pedal linkage, if its loud then its the clutch release bearing.

For the greasing its not a case of reacting with the fluid - the cylinder is sealed so contact is not an issue, its more an issue that incorrect grease may effect the seals and cause them to swell or break down.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links