Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Car Alarm Goes Off Randemly

andy750

Hi all, My 2007 Avensis car alarm has been going off at randem times over the last couple of days, Its gone off 3 times through the night ,1.20 am, 3.30 and 4.45 this morning. In the end I pressed the button which is above the head in the centre of the car next to the inteior lights to dissable the alarm if you have a pet in the car. The wife and baby aren't to happy about it. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem, if so, how did you repair the issue?

Thanks Andy750

I had this when it was raining, I have a rain sensor and had left the wipers down one click and because they are automatic when I locked car it must have sensed the rain and the alarm went off, have you left anything on at all like that??

Phil

Hi

My 2009 Avensis alarm went off randomly when it rained, dealers said this was a known fault and fitted some insulation inside the overhead consol that had the alarm button and lights.

After this all was ok.

Hi

My 2009 Avensis alarm went off randomly when it rained, dealers said this was a known fault and fitted some insulation inside the overhead consol that had the alarm button and lights.

After this all was ok.

There was no rain to be seen, I'll check out the Battery to see if its on its way out

With me, I just sprayed Wd-40 over the bonnet latch, didn't exactly know what I was doing, but just soaking the bonnet latch seemed to cure my problem,

Sorry couldn't be more conclusive, but its worth a try