Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Would Be The Better To Build?

Leeky

Want to get a SC MK1 but would preffer a UK car..???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Want to get a SC MK1 but would preffer a UK car..???

• Imported 4AZGE MK1
    • UK 4AGE MK1 with engine swap for most modern Rev 4AGZE

So anyway screw my past ideas of kit cars and 3SGTE MR2 MK1's :lol:

End of the day if that australian dude can make a 10sec 1/4 car out of a 4agze then so can i B) ....fingers crossed

So....which would be the best way to go? Get an imported Suprcharged MK1 or get a UK MK1 N/A (i do preffer UK cars) and swap in a 4azge from fensport?

I guess a pre supercharged car would save a lot of hassle but i am after bigger bhp from this engine once its nitro'ed so it would be better to start off with as much horse power as i can and on as strong and new a block as i can.

An i right in thinking if you get a 20v 4age (160ps) and supercharge it (which i have been told is pretty straight forward) you would be putting out about 180bhp?

Swap in a late spec 4agze. If you're going for nitrous, the lower compression ratio on the later ze should suit you well, plus you've got the advantage of having the ceramic crowned pistons for strength.

Might have to look at replacing the fuel pump too, I don't know if the stock unit'll flow enough fuel to prevent fuel pressure drops and lean-outs when you're running on the gas. And don't forget the progressive controller to cut down on the wheelspin and save you wasting your gas.

One question though, where're you going to put your gas bottle(s) and what sort of size bottle are you looking at?

Take a N/A and put a late spec GZE in. The N/A-MR2 will be easyer to find and the late spec GZE ist the better base to build a high output engine because of the bigger blower and the forged engineparts.

best regards, Eric

SC's are going for silly cash in Japan (£6k) .. better to get a mind Shell and then get a late GZE popped in ..

You can then have the engine out with all the work on it, while still having a Mk1 to thrash (or morelikely in the bodyshop getting the rust cut out of it)

Excellent! Time to get crackin :thumbsup:

One question though, where're you going to put your gas bottle(s) and what sort of size bottle are you looking at?

Im gonna rip out the passenger seat and attatch the bottles there. Should be able to make a nice bracket there the original seat fixtures are. B)

Gonna go for small bottles to ssave weight. As long as i got about 10secs of full boost i should be ok. I'll carry a few bottles down to the track with me and switch over between runs.

Buy a uk mk1 then get a late spec 4agze and put it in thete like bibbs said :thumbsup: The only thing is that the 4agze will be about 1500.

If you have not been in a 4agze car mate next time I am at reading and your there we will go for a quick blat :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buy a uk mk1 then get a late spec 4agze and put it in thete like bibbs said :thumbsup: The only thing is that the 4agze will be about 1500.

If you have not been in a 4agze car mate next time I am at reading and your there we will go for a quick blat :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent dude, i'll hold you to that :D :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links